Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nerf divine shower
Priest is already a powerhouse in 4v4 pvp, I think divine shower is just too powerful overall

To me the blind part is what pushes it way over the edge. It could be removed entirely and still be good. Maybe a low level glowing debuff would be fine in its stead for flavor.

And I'm speaking as someone who is maining priest right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Pyro
doesn't feel as oppressive as enma's though...
Agreed. Divine Shower is far too much of a freebie 'First turn rollout' skill. A mapwide, solid damage, evasion-ignoring invoke that inflicts Blind is just outright RUDE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Entropy's post:
  • HaTeD
Enmas Summons isn't as oppressive as Divine Shower. I have multiple magic users (as magical builds are my passion) and I can certainly tell you its like day and night between the two. Enmas has one effect in comparison to Divine Shower which has 3: multi hit, blind, evasion ignore. You need to deal damage in the first place to formulate any kind of setup for Enmas where as Divine Shower is just pressing one button and watching the screen blow up with god's divine urine. The only boon Enmas has is access to HSDW (if you even have it via Evoker) making the casting rate faster otherwise it can be dodged if you build enough evade or even countered with HP regen/heals + full guard + dark resist which is a lot more common than light resist. As for the actual issue with Divine Shower it's the evasion ignoring feature. It allows you to just sit comfortably and not worry about many factors. Global spells should never ignore evasion.
[-] The following 2 users Like PantherPrincess's post:
  • HaTeD, Pyro
Globals are for the most part insanely safe to cast at round 0 given that approaching an entire group of people is effectively writing yourself out of the fight early, Divine Shower is the most effective of all of the globals by a pretty wide margin. I'd like to see Globals not be the way they are, so that forcing people to engage with eachother is more encouraged overall.

All globals should never be a DPS option, they should be the last option. Enma's, Divine Shower and Unmasking Trail included.

When I fight against globals, I feel as though I face frustration in being forced to deal with it, as it is presented as a conditionless DPS option, and the absolute safest one at that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • HaTeD
(08-19-2022, 10:50 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: doesn't feel as oppressive as enma's though...

emnas isnt evade ignoring, these are two globals and one ignores evade and shits out blind
Global damaging spells are nuts right now, especially with some of the Korvara maps starting people about 25 tiles away from one another.

Divine Shower is usually the most effective of these tools when used, since it can't be dodged and tosses blind on people. Kicking it in the shins is a band-aid; a rework to full-map options should be done instead, in my opinion. If that's not happening, band-aids are fine.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • K Peculier, Miller, Shujin
Take everything to their extreme logical conclusion. Is there any safer option than 4 evoker hexer/priests using their respective evokes turn 1? Both leave the enemy turn entirely dead unless they have guard or some other extreme damage mitigation. All globals are just too safe as they currently are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • HaTeD
It's annoying and it hits everyone.

This spell has the same scaling as most invocations.

This second point is important to mention, as the damage of Divine Shower is only an issue in the context of everything else it has going for it. It's no different than hitting someone with Vydel or Isenshi or Exgalfa without Charge Mind or any of evoker's invocation multipliers or spell power increases in terms of damage - and, hoo boy, I hope don't need to go into how 9 momentum for 180% 100% scaling isn't worth it in itself.

In other words, nerfing range, effects AND damage would be overkill. It can be mapwide evasion ignoring with less scaling, or it can be 180% Light ATK 100% SWA with less range.
If you were to ask me, Priest should be able to stand on its own. Priest doesn't have Blink. Heck, Curate doesn't have ANY mobility. Keep it mapwide, make it do less damage.

Psst! Hey! Enmas is 140% Dark ATK 100% SWA. Juuust saying...
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Pyro
I'm just so tired of global moves being fluffed RP'd as this awesome melee move IC'ly when the reality is some chump hiding in the corner using it in an extremely safe and lame way.

My favorite examples I've witnessed over the past YEARS being:

1. Divine Shower being roleplayed as magic swords flying from the caster (Yes we have a bonder move that does that now but with less damage)
2. Enmas summon being an army of ghosts with scythes attacking you
3. Wretched oil being mini mud soldiers that ran up to people and exploded goop (When it was global)

^^^ I mean, that's all very cool and all but it doesn't change the fact you're using it every time and roleplaying it as though you were doing this honorable move while in the furthest corner of a map.

Magic spells should get the farshot penalty to stop the evil that is artillery mages.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, HaTeD, Snake, ThatOneHop