Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Step Buff
Please adjust Fire Step to be more like its superior older brother Ice Slide! Or change it in a way that it's actually not inferior to Ice Slide's massive flexibility, stat spread, and longer range.

Looking at facts...

Fire Step has:
1-5 LINE range max, 14 fp cost(that increases the more you extend the range, +2 each IIRC), +25 base damage at rank 5. It uses fire ATK, which is tied to STR, a stat not many really care about if they can help it.

Ice Slide has:
6 line range max, 20 FP cost, no base damage increase. Note that you can adjust Ice Slide's range to go diagonal, like Falcon Strike. It uses ice ATK, which is tied to SKI, a mandatory stat that everyone who cares about hitting someone(and isn't relying on evasion ignores) has.

Builds are far more flexible with Ice Slide compared to Fire Step, who has to either build STR or luminary element WIL. For obvious reasons!

I don't know exactly what the best way to buff Fire Step is, but I welcome anything that makes it much better than it is, right now, because at the moment it definitely feels like the most unused Dance for Bard/Dancer.
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
I mentioned in another thread that I thought it'd be cool if Fire Step's range 'didn't count' Cinder tiles, essentially allowing you to move over them freely until you run out of them, kind of like Verglas' Ice Skate. Which wouldn't have any inherent synergy with Dancer itself, but I like funny niches. As far as actual usability options go, the easiest one would probably be increasing the area of effect that it can proc to help offset the fact you can only move in cardinal directions.
[-] The following 3 users Like Krath's post:
  • Miller, PantherPrincess, SpaceShibe
What if Fire Step inflicted Burn and powered up the LV and Duration by 5/1 for every hit?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Discounting the absurd damage of dances at large at the moment, fire step could use something to compete with the others especially considering that strength is a stat often otherwise unwanted by dancers. These are both good ideas, though I’m not sure how the ‘cinder tiles are free’ one could actually be implemented. The only way I could think of would be to make it work like ice skate, which would probably actually make it kinda bad in general as an attack. Powering up burn to a dance level based cap could be nice though, or some other way to keep it’s currently attempted identity of the high damage dance if fully invested into.
@Kunai
But is special effect is already burn, at a low infliciton rate. I do not mind it burning/empowering burn but I feel that special effect is unnesseary then or needs something else, if you know what I mean.

Since its just a straight like burst it would be cool if it could atleast compete with fire jet in range.. *shrug* Not sure what else to give it. I would probably buff the base range to 5.
That's for Dancer, I meant base Bard.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(09-23-2022, 04:13 PM)Krath Wrote: I mentioned in another thread that I thought it'd be cool if Fire Step's range 'didn't count' Cinder tiles, essentially allowing you to move over them freely until you run out of them, kind of like Verglas' Ice Skate. Which wouldn't have any inherent synergy with Dancer itself, but I like funny niches. As far as actual usability options go, the easiest one would probably be increasing the area of effect that it can proc to help offset the fact you can only move in cardinal directions.

I like this idea. I think giving it synergy with cinders would open some options however I think it needs to create cinder tiles in a line itself to even benefit from this kind of effect as using any other method to create cinder tiles would break your tempo. This way you can create cinder tiles yourself and then utilize them afterwards.