Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirits and how they get lost.
Normally this isn't something I would complain about. But having this happen has given me an incredible amount of frustration that I can't really shake off. So here I go. 

Could there be any way in the future to change it so that you dont lose spirits in a fight until the battle ends if you lost?
Because I was counting on last chance for something, and I lost all my spirits regardless. I won the battle in question. Did not actually die at all.  

It just feels incredibly unfair and discouraging to have lost weeks to a month's worth of rng rolling a very very limited pool of spirits to a situation where I made a strategic decision to make use of my class's benefits. 

This isn't such a big issue on the mainland- because you can easily go to a source of spirits in a location which will respawn over a time period, and just run the rng for what you need again. I was willing to deal with that. However on Korvara, I've only ever found one spot that has spirits naturally spawn, and they do NOT respawn there until after the server restarts. Making the grind for this ridiculously lengthy. 

If it were a situation where I actually lost the fight- I'd not be making this post, and I'd have just taken my L and started all over again, still annoyed but at least my head can justify it as a deserved outcome. But in this situation I didn't lose. If this is to be intentional, then theres little that can be done I suppose, but then my question becomes

Can that ONE spot at least refresh it's spirits occasionally? It doesn't have to be a common rate if its meant to be rare, but waiting for a server reset just to roll a chance to get a spirit you need is real tedious.
Currently the method that is used to retain spirits (an intentionally risky mechanic) is to use a Frost-Dog's collar available from Ghost Dogs in the Crypt of Duyuei or in Castle Dungeons in the Great 6.

When equipped the Frost Dog's collar deals 2 ice damage each round and prevents you from losing spirits when dying.

Additionally allow me to share some insights that will allow you to restore your status faster when it comes to spirits, given you're on Korvara here I will ask that you check the following locations for spirits:

Quote:-The Graveyard in Telegrad/Duyuei Highway, and below that is a cave that leads into a crypt, each of these can contain some spirits.

-The Graveyard within Telegrad itself, top right of the map (Accessible from the back of town) was littered with a LOOOOOT of spirit locations, nearly up to probably around 10 spawns.

-Try carrying around "Pies of Forgetfulness" so that if you encounter a Mass of White Spirits, you can reset your skills and only acquire the ones you want spirited.
(For the unaware, masses of white spirits will only give ranks to skills you own, so a common trick is to reset your skill points when finding one, and purchasing only the skills you want to spirit, and then re-doing the rest of your skills.)

-Being prepared for death is very helpful as well, buying potions, knowing when to run away etc.

I hope all this helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Infernalis
This helps alot in terms of making my upcoming grind less of a headache so I appreciate the information you've handed over.
I know it's a risky mechanic, I just didn't think I'd lose them for proccing something like diehard or last chance, I figured you had to actually LOSE the battle to actually lose all your spirits, much like how you lose loot and money.

I still think it wouldn't be unreasonable to change it so that you only lose them after an actual loss rather than your hp hitting 0, but if its intended to be that way EVEN if you get back up in a fight, then so be it.
Admittedly I only knew about the spot in Telegrad/Duyuei Highway and I would stand there for hours on end after the first batch to see if any respawned, and they didnt.

Again thanks heaps for the help, the main reason why I grew frustrated is cause it took me so long to obtain them and I just really really didn't want to have to go through that again.
Its intended, the spirits want to go free, and do so the instant you lose consciousness. If you absolutely cannot lose your spirits, the frosted dog collar is a go to. It also has the added benefit of applying impure ice.