Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.65b] Chop Cancel
If you stop woodcutting just before you'd have finished, the stamina cost will still be paid but you will not receive any resources nor will the node be ticked down.

Steps to replicate:

1. Acquire an axe

2. Find a tree that can be chopped down.

3. Use axe whilst facing tree.

4. Just before you'd finish chopping and get resources, use the axe again.

If done correctly you will stop chopping but still pay the stamina cost and you will not get any wood.

EDIT: Updated thread title as this bug is still occurring as of v2.65b.
[-] The following 3 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Autumn, Shadbase, Snake
I'm not sure how this bug would ever come into play in practice, but it's been corrected.
As of version 2.65b this is still possible.

If you stop the chopping about 0.5 seconds before you'd finish the stamina expenditure still happens and gives you nothing.

As to how this comes into play...sometimes when I'm chopping logs I go to hit my hotkey to chop again, not realizing I didn't quite finish my last queue'd chop and instead cancel my current action right before I'd have finished it.

Why not just have the stamina expenditure award the log, without it being possible for the stamina to be spent without a reward?
Its actually quite common for me to run into as well, simply because I attempt to pre-empt when I need to chop wood again, I wouldn't mind making the mistake if it didn't eat my stamina as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shadbase
Yop I do that a loooot too, it happens way more often than you think. So nice correct.
Extraordinarily often. I'm not even a human with divine eyes, and it happens to me. Humans with strange sight though? If they EVER are able to cancel woodchopping, it happens.
Well, this should be corrected for real this time.