Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when evade was viable?
I'm personally for all missle/linebased skills being evadable, if it has time to have a cool moving animation, you have time to jump out of the way

Allow dodge vs aoe for half damage, allow dodge out of the way of line based attacks (spells too)

give some of monks moves a hit check
give some of verglas moves a hit check
give some kensei moves a hit check
I would also say that if the autohit 'misses,' then any extra effects (burn, forced movement, stat penalties, knockdown, etc) don't happen.
First idea doesn't sound too bad.

The 'Half-damage autohit' idea, on the other hand, sounds ridiculous and capable of invalidating DEF/RES. (And no, it shouldn't be negating secondary effects.)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The primarily problem with this as I see it is the hit rate% shown. I was an opponent to hiding the hit rate primarily due to you can somewhat judge how fast a person is before you attack.

But as it has been brought up in the past since I've been here, people 'abuse' that. "Oops not gonna hit them with this, I'll just rising sun etc."

All these ideas seem fine but they're not really fixing the problem that to me, seems like a simple fix. Why treat the symptom when you can treat the disease, mentality. //edited because cure =/= treat ocd idk

Why exactly, aside from bug issues, is the Hit percentage displayed in pvp battles? My solution for that would be to add in a skill to Tactician as either a party wide buff or passive buff to forecast hit chance against players and bring back form SL the 'dodges effortlessly!' adjectives on dodge. To determine rather you almost hit that attack or you were way off. At best, changing it from an actual percentage to a adjective for the percentage based. Such as 0-10% = Very low Chance; 10-40% = Low Chance....

I understand the case for AoEs but that's why they are AoEs. Where they affect the entire area not a single target. That's what they're designed for (arguably). Like a shotgun is designed to spray a lot of shot in a wide, but short range area.

Just my two cents.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
I changed my mind; I agree with iDarkCara.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]