Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cantrips Trait
Cantrips are fun in any setting, so why not in SL2? Here's the idea in its entirity.

Trait: Cantrip Knowledge
15 WIL, 15 GUI, 30 APT

Some spells are easy and basic enough to be learned with enough dedication. Upon selecting this trait, you will be able to pick ONE cantrip spell from a list as a Cantrip.

Cantrips can be used while Silenced and uses any weapon type for its power scaling, but can only be used once per combat. They are determined if you do not have the chosen spell in your Skill Pool. If you do, it does not count as a Cantrip and can be used normally.

The List:

- Kel
- Holy Arrow
- Rescue
- Graft
- Brighten
- Invigorate
- Quickness
- Blink
- Swap Position
- Fir
- Miu
- Rye
- Vyd
- Isendo
- Redgull
- Nerhaven
- Kraken
- Galren
- Talvyd
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I feel like some of these are worth a lot more than the others, personally not a huge fan of the idea.
But only being used once per battle effectively makes the attacking spells not worth it.
So everyone would pick graft (It normally has a huge cd anyway, so who cares.), blink (If you're using invocations), space swap (If you have a way to combo it maybe?), or the enchantments. (Since they last 7 turns anyway)
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • Pyro
I agree with the idea that some would be taken more than others, Graft and Enchantments for sure.

maybe instead of once per battle make it something more along the lines of how Spell Thief works?

the attack spells go onto a 3 round cooldown, the healing 11 rounds or so (still a once per battle in that case) etc etc.
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?
I'unno, it's mostly an idea of what we could have.

Ideally? I'd rather the Cantrips be spells themselves, I was just using what we already got.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Blink just got nerfed because non-mages were using it too effectively, or something. Absolutely not.