Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Sword (Crystalize)
Based on.http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1008 New thread to avoid smiting for miscategorization

Quite some time ago, when you shattered crystals by a second strike on your opponent, it would deal earth damage. (Still does)
Given it currently re-applies crystalize, that means even your third strike will deal earth damage. And your fourth too. Based on your defense.

I don't have the actual numbers, but that's pretty much Checkmate in three momentum, on a fairly strong weapon, with the only requirement being that you hit once at first...and then don't let the status effect run out.

This smells pwetty strong.

Proposed suggestion : Have it work as before, or decrease duration of status effect to one. Meaning that you will only benefit from this if you make three strikes. (Utilizing fleur and likely some skill/special attack). Which will weaken it I'd say, but still putting it up.
I'd agree with this. Having a Checkmate/stronger Narcus isn't very kosher.
It is a lot like Checkmate in a way. It now functions like Soul Shot; you're immune to the status for the rest of the round after it gets triggered.
IIRC the earth damage isn't unresistable, and non-katana swords are in a bad enough spot as it is.

I don't think it needs a change.
It isn't unresistable, but it is magic based, so depending on your target it might not be much worse. This is closer to the 'intended' and most likely expected functionality as well.
RES is not nearly as uncommon and undervalued as it once was, and Earth resist is starting to pop up more often (mostly due to Terra Strike), so..
The greatest use for it is BK vs BK, which means the main damage will be Stalemated more often than not.

I don't think anyone will miss using it though, as pretty much nobody uses it at the moment.