Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Racial Features
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9218#p9218 Wrote:RoboCat » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 am[/url]"]On another note. How many players ever actually do lose their character's racial traits in interactions with other players? I'm sort of curious about it now that I've gotten over my sort of shyness concerning this topic thread. I want to get a general idea.

While it seems to be incredibly uncommon (in my experience) since people are generally afraid of being seen as attention whores/ woobies/ special litle snowflakes/ etc, I knew of a few examples, awhile back. These are characters I've been personally involved with, as siblings or lovers (... or both. They were adopted. Different races, even. And I was ICly blackmailed into it. Shut up. And those characters have long since retired.)

- A Zeran whose horns were destroyed in an IC scrap. Serious life-or-death fight, not a simple duel. They did eventually grow back.
- An oracle whose eyes were ICly ruined in a bar fight, by a shaitan's claws.
- A phenex's wings were lost in an assassination attempt. While not a direct result of the attacker, the event itself led to the wings becoming amputated, so this one is more debateable as the loss of the wings was not actually roleplayed in-game. However, it also served as a foil to the assassination attempts since the assassins were still looking for the phenex with wings, so it helped them start a new life in relative safety. So in a way, this is also somewhat more relevant as it had a dual purpose rather than "lol I lost the features on my icon."
*loud burp*
[Image: 4yugxZT.png]