Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Racial Features
This topic is not about PVP whatsoever and I really wish you'd stop trying to make it that.
I've only ever seen one person give a crap outside of PVP in-game. I'm just sharing my experiences with the issue. The only reason I even care is that I've seen fierce in-game harrassment about it. Again, at the arena. That's just not right.

But, as you wish, leaving the thread.
*loud burp*
Never cared about this or the SCIENCE behind it since it's a magic world with magic-y magic healing.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5911#p5911 Wrote:Soapy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 pm[/url]"]Hi there. Making a new character? Statistics show that the chances of you making an ordinary Human are quite low, which is unfortunate, but that's not what we're here for.

They don't understand the glory of the true aryan race.

But on a completely semi-related note, I think the major issue with people picking races and making them special by removing their racial feature is usually a sign that the player in question may or may not be someone who is intentionally powergaming for higher stats or certain growths/racials and to not look like that race for PVP or personal reasons rather than playing as that race because you wanna be a fluffball or a dragon lookin' thing. While this is my opinion entirely that's the way I kind of see it.

And then there's corbies that wanna look like Sephiroth or some sort of edgy one winged angel thing. You never know.

But yeah, people really shouldn't do this unless it makes sense.
humans are and will always be the master race [citation needed]

anyways aside from them having been intentionally fucking removed by someone in the distant past, i don't really think there are good excuses for this
half-human? THREE-QUARTERS human? remember that one mary sue test because i sure do
i recall there's a checkbox for "If your character's race is hybrid, do they have all of the strengths but none of the weaknesses that go with their race? +4 points" or something and this is basically equal to that
if your character is partially human please just play them as a human instead of a wingless hyattr or something i'm pretty sure human genes are the dominant ones anyways

i admit to having done this in the past
i admit to it being GAYYYYYY. i have realized my mistake. don't DO this
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
I think the only racial feature i am violating right now is eye colors since i got Kaelensia with different colored eyes, dunno if there would be an actual Ic reason for that i believe i just missed that fact when i did my character art.
It's kind of late to change it for me now or i'd have to redraw it all since i use pencils to color.

EDIT: Unless i could use colored contacts as an excuse but i don't know
Eye color, especialy for the reasons you said isn't that bad. I mean not all of us have the ability to to recolor things (or even draw things yourself, nice work) so its more ooc reasons than IC. And I know its hellish trying to look for good playby that'd fit your idea. (I spent ten clean hours of searching on my most recent one) so no you're not really guilty of what this is about.
Apparently there's a guild full of people that literally just use Hyattr for the skills, RPing as being human or whatever, so.. I figured it'd be a good time to bump this.
That is definitely against the rules.

You can lie about your race. You can hide your features away with clothing or something like that. But the race you select is the race you are; it's as simple as that.

So if I catch anyone doing that, they will be getting warnings for it.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
... so.. you can lie about your race... but lying about your race is against the rules?

Honestly, there's a lot of IC reasons people would say they're a race they're not, ranging from racial discrimination, to simply not knowing any better. For example, I have a character who "remembers" being unable to move until her father "built her a new body." That character is a mechanation whose scar was in storage for some time, but thinks she's the human daughter of one of Karaten's engineers. Even though changing bodies isn't even really possible, she just admires and respects her "father" that much that she thinks he's just some sort of super genius. It's purely IC, and I see no rules being broken. If someone else asks her, she will claim to be human, because she thinks she is.

Maybe don't just flip out about "omg you can't do that" and get the story behind it, first? Especially since IC racism is supposed to be a thing(even though literally everyone is all "omg I'm not racist&quotWink you can't expect everyone to proudly parade their less-accepted features.
*loud burp*