Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell Power buffs not applying [2.67b]
It seems that Youkai Evoke spells don't receive any boost from power from effects that boost the power of spells.
They're still considered spells, and they're still able to be stopped with silence, so this does seem like a bug, as nothing says that this should be the case anywhere in the game.

I've tested with cast order, and with pure power, and with evocation. (The Evoker passive)

This also applies to Needle, (Equipping and unequipping pure power while having nothing equipped didn't change the initial damage of the spell at all, nor the final damage against the prinny)
These are so far the only spells to have this issue that I've noticed. Even runes get the damage boost.

If I had to guess, its that it isnt applying to spells that don't take SWA into consideration? 
Needle even uses a casting implement, so it can't just be spells that don't use weapons.

Also the evocation passive of evoker doesn't seem to trigger at all, while you have no torso equipped, despite it supposedly supposed to count as going unarmored. It does specifically say 'unarmored torso item' but I think that's just what it normally is supposed to say?
Youkai evokes use a unique calculation, so they don't get bonuses from spell boosting effects.
Needle's damage is based only on Light ATK; it similarly doesn't get a bonus from these effects.

You'll have to elaborate on what the issue is with Evoker, however.
(12-13-2022, 07:50 PM)Neus Wrote: You'll have to elaborate on what the issue is with Evoker, however.

I think what they mean is the one skill from Evoker not reducing spell costs of the first equipped spell if you're wearing an "Un-armored" Torso, saying that having no armor slot on at all is not counting, when it should count as Un-Armored.

I may be wrong though?
Evoker has a passive called Evocation.
It gives a bonus to spell power when using light or unarmored armor.
But doesn't apply to not wearing armor at all, which I feel like may be unintended, as wearing no armor for all intents and purposes counts as using an 'unarmored' torso item in every other situation as far as I know.

And if it is intended, then its a little counter intuitive, at least to myself.
Unfortunately, I can't replicate that. I get the power bonus from both no armor and unarmored torsos.
Renowner, just to double check, you're not a Dullahan which always counts as wearing Heavy armor, right?
I tested it in a test server when I wrote that, but no I wasn't a dullahan.
Taking off my armor didn't boost my spell power, but after re-testing it definately does! So i'm not sure what was up there.

Me not thinking cast order was working was because bonus spell damage doesn't apply to Youkai spells apparently, which wasn't at all something I knew. Especially when Mystic Magic boosts your spell power, which implies its good for Youkai Evokes to me. . .