Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvara Leader Term Limits
I think the problem with leaders is that every single one of them will always strive to do their best, and do good.

Which makes sense, but brings stagnation.

I've yet to see any of them make "bad" or "evil" choices. Because there's a clear fear of being 'that guy who did something bad IC and will now be lynched OOCly for it and have their reputation down to negatives'.

Unless and until someone starts picking the evil choices for their nations, this will continue forever and we'll be Great Six 2.0 until someone gets fed of the stagnancy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock
Not even evil, just picking a side. I've yet to see a leader give a speech that wasn't totally inoffensive and trying to appease every party involved.

You don't need evil to have conflict. You just need people who have strong values one way or another and won't compromise on certain things
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Miller, Snake
The biggest problem I have in general is that any conflict that could have been interesting or made interesting by being a proxy war effectively devolved to players getting banned, and then quitting (or other unsatisfying conclusions)

Where Geladyne would have benefitted from a war with Beggar's Hole/Wasgow/Wanderer's Vale, it effectively died down due to a clear lack of interest in the conflict from most parties involved after the leadership vanished into the night.

Where Geladyne could have potentially benefitted elsewhere pending on how things had gone, it was cut off short by players being generally un-cooperative and then the rest seemed uninterested in continuing it.

That being said. This is a different topic entirely.

Im not huge on the idea of OOC terms. Esspecially considering I've effectively elected to hold the post of Premier until the Premier either dies or finds a decent successor (Which is a very slow pick for reasons that should be obvious)

ICly, I feel like Telegrad having elections every now and again makes sense, its just a matter of picking candidates - and it is not as if there needs to be bitterness with the position changing hands if it ever does. It doesn't even have to be a legitimate election if they so-choose, which would be cause for intrigue and interest. Esspecially if the new leadership does not uphold the same values as the old (IE, Holding trade with Geladyne, for example)

But most other places are either steeped in lore around their leadership that I haven't fully read yet (Duyuei) - or in similar position to the Premier to an extent (With their own sets of problems)

The problem is people need to effectively want to lead and potentially make bad decisions, or want to try to create a conflict that isn't completely assinine
[-] The following 5 users Like Anhita's post:
  • Imotepchief, Miller, Poruku, Pyro, Snake
[Image: GELADYNE_ARTICLE_5.jpg]
Having gone through the mess in some degree with one leadership and having a part played in trying to settle out matters for the beginning months and following into, while having smaller parts in seeing the change for at least one other nation.. I do agree and disagree with what been said.

It would be nice to have more conflict honestly on Korvara as a whole, and see a more active growth and change in terms of the leadership and otherwise. I can understand as well why people might not be as forthcoming with the idea of trying to be one way over the other especially given SL2 general mindset as a whole where typically being a certain way or doing a certain action has been met with the conclusion of "I don't like this, so your out." or further in certain drops with it which have varied in degree to either getting the boot and sticking around, exile, or seeing the head roll down the stairs. So I can understand to some degree why some people might not feel as comfortable on a OOC level or IC regard if they've been around long enough to see/hear about the stories of Morcom, or the coup that followed in Geladyne, etc.

It falls into a situation where people typically would rather stick on good sides rather than bad where possible, though this could be for one reason or another a typical one I've come to see has been worry if so-so were to do one thing, they'll grow disliked in the eyes of the community (we've had a few cases of this from past conflicts that've shown this where people have ganged up under either IC or OOC reason of declaring "fuck x player/character" for anything they've done) and have shown the risk of in some way, ruining the image of the player entirely and generally taking the experience with it as a whole, leading to more than a few players quitting in the past due to it.

On the term of the voting and such, Telegrad has the best means for it I believe with having an actual vote and discussion on it, as it at least gives people a chance to voice their reason and if someone wishes to take the reigns and try to do better with it, they get the chance to do so. My experience with how Duyuei has matters isn't great so I can't entirely say aside from there being something of a trial or judgement by the chief and the respective members of rank (only going off what little I know when it come to past positions like Cruham and such) while Geladyne as it been joked, your best chance is a coup if you wish to see them dethroned from the ivory throne and replaced with a leader with more confidence. Meiaquar's leadership is dealt with in (at least to my eyes) shakey terms, given your only actual way to remove a don or donna is to essentially force them to step down, or kill them.. and whomever suddenly steps forth to be apart of their family as Meiaquar system allows said leaders to make plans with others in the background and suddenly have a never before mentioned child appear that they "had in secret" take over so their friend can pick up the slack from there.

I agree more with the outlook on the OOC voting not working too well given things, and apologize as most of this is following from my experience from dealing with one of the nations politics and what I've seen play out essentially as expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dezark's post:
  • Anhita