Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlock All Korvara Races
I keep seeing this argument in discord discussions. "I don't trust you guys to do it right, I hate seeing the memes and non serious characters, people don't know how to play xyz"

That can be said for literally everything in this game. If this argument was sound we would whitelist every race aside from human. Let people fuck up. Don't prevent them from trying to do something fun.

There's nothing sacred about a race. Everything that is supposed to be cool and serious has been roleplayed wrong and as a meme at least once.
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Miller, Snake
I don't think they'd be interesting rp avenues, outside of events maybe.
I don't think the op races should be weakened just to be playable.
Nor do I think dullahans and liches really add much to Korvara.
Vampires maybe add a bit, but the way they'd work lore wise would have to be explicitly stated.

And its a big pandora's box i'd just love to not see opened for a very long time.
At the very least Dullahan would break the monotone, since those tend to be a very obvious cause of problems involving violent outbursts aside Corrupted.

Liches and Vampires? Not really. At least not 'from Mainland'. If they'd ever get ported to Korvara, I would wish to see them being variants of the original lore.

Ghouls and Bloodsuckers, or whatever.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
We can save that for when Korvara gets united into one supernation, the invasion of the ghouls and spooks. Which would shake things up again.
I personally do not see a problem with Vampires being a type of magically influenced mutation. Mechanation I get due to no mechana forest... Dullahans have zero reason to not exist... I don't see what's so OP about them, so someone will have to outline that for me, but Dullahans are literally just bindings of souls to armor... We have homunculi already, so I see zero issue. Meanwhile Liches, I also see zero issue as there's PLENTY of magic in Korvara, one fool getting too cocky and deciding "I'm gonna melt down my body for power!" sounds easily doable... Now if there is a sound argument to be presented, then I will relent and follow that. Until such an argument is presented... I will advocate for these races...
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I see a problem with how the race is themed in terms of mechanics, and would rather we get its own, less "anime" version of it in Korvara tbh. We'll be missing an opportunity for a Vampire subrace, like how Felidae have Grimalkin, and that's what I'm trying to shake people awake for here.

Dullahan is really doable, but I'd make them applicable. A truly devout-to-justice knight died but did not accomplish his goal? Ring the GMs and let them grant you the perms to be a headless horseman.

Mechanation is something more doable and achievable and we may be seeing it added in the future after FOIC happens.

Liches will be a hard no until people follow the footsteps of mainland and found a Mage's Guild, then Albedo, then finally delve into extreme occult shit. To become a Lich it takes more than deciding to become skin and bones and 'poof'. Don't forget they have a 0.0000001% chance of survival from the ritual, and even prepared, that only gains them a few digits of chance to not become arcane dust and a laughing stock for other mages.

The real shit we should be whining about is Zeran. Zeran out of all damn races got cockblocked because "its lore is too tight with Zera". Then we have Hyattr which are literally Zerans but with wings and destructive, or Glykin which are descendents of the white serpent god.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Miller
Obligatory repost of mechanation opinion

I would like a variant if/when they are made korvara available that is more of an ancient/time forgotten variant because frankly, some of us don't want to play one stapled to the hip to the military might of the nation involved in their creation.

there's nothing stopping a oldkin civilization from having a mechana forest analogue or something similar at some point and creating automatons of a similar design to mechanations, it could even provide an interesting steampunk golemesque type dungeon.
Realistically, Mechanations would not be stapled onto Geladyne. Sure, they'd be originating there if they created them, but they'd be the same as homunculi: can be made away from Geladyne by deserters or otherwise.

It would just be an arbitrary RP limitation to have them backstory-locked to Geladyne.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadbase's post:
  • Miller
We also have Phenexes. Give us Zerans, literally no reason not to. I said this MONTHS ago. I HATE that they aren't here! Such a cool race. . .

To answer Raigen: Dullahans are op because they get a racial trait called soul rage: Which just gives you 10 momentum, negates spell casting, drains 10% max hp each turn. (Even gives you 3 momentum the turn you activate it) Which is incredibly busted.

And you can still cast mage spells with whispering cant through it.

Their fp drain thing can also be a boon if you play your cards right, as stun halves damage you take after all. And if you wear Mayellia, it also heals you for 15% Max hp. And then get FP Healing afterwards.