Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Scroll
Auto Scroll in the new chat is incredibly jank and a lot of it's problems arise in large gatherings of people where tons of posts are flying by, currently auto scroll will always bump you down to the bottom of the chat when a new post is made, the issue with this is is when you are attempting to scroll up to read a post, as the auto scroll will boot you down to the newest post while you're reading a previous post, even if the scroll bar is being held.

It is not exactly currently a matter of just turning off auto scroll either, as people like to point out very often for whatever reason, as when it is turned off instead, then the post you're attempting to read still goes up slightly when a new post is made, but also the chat at the bottom does not scroll down when a new post is made, it only scrolls down by how much space was erased from the first messages in your log to be overwritten, which as you can predict can be incredibly inconsistent.

I would like it if auto scrolling didn't happen while you were already scrolled up and trying to read a post, most chatrooms already do this and its incredibly frustrating during events when you're just trying to find specific posts you missed or did not completely get to read because everyone effectively posts 20-30 reaction images after a narration. I'm terribly sick of needing to screenshot these long posts that I need to read so I can have a chance of not having my reading experience be severed so abruptly all the time.

Here is another somewhat recent event concerning the topic as well, I don't feel as if it was necessary to bump it though: https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...d=8871&
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Shadbase, ThatOneHop, WhiteHaired
Regarding the idea of a toggle mentioned in the other post you linked. There's plenty of space at the button area near the chat for such a thing to go.

It'd be nice if we could just get some sort of indicator when a new post is made if we are scrolled up. Even just a little dot or a bubble that says, 'new post'.

Or how about an option to have a soft beep for new chat messages? Just make it a toggle. (could be nice for vision impaired users actually of which I know there are quite a few)
I approve this would be a nice option.