Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE difficulty scaling
So it's no secret that, for many, soloing (almost) all PvE content on korvara is no issue. Sure, harder content may come down the line, but there remains a pretty big issue that I want to discuss:

Supports. There is essentially no reason at all why someone would play a full support for PvE right now and I think that's quite a shame. The bulk of content is about killing a small pack of mobs as quickly as possible. For most people who have high end builds, having a support in their party literally just slows them down. I think that's a huge shame! And why is that the case? Because the game is too easy. That means any full support focused build would need to be babysit and carried to max level, while the carry doesn't get much out of the exchange!

I suggest that there be a sort of mechanic that, optionally or not, increases the difficulty and rewards that the standard grind offers for parties.

For instance, a simple thing would be to add +1 mob per extra party member.

In addition, there could be a way to toggle a setting, perhaps something that is done at the crystal terminal, that increases the stats and damage of enemy mobs in exchange for a multiplier to xp and gold rewards.

Finally, I would like the bosses to be beefed up as well. Add an option to make each boss actually raise to level 60, and give them some more momentum or op abilities to make them truly strong so that a party can be challenged.

I don't believe engame raids and such is the answer to the lack of difficulty. I would like the grind to 60 to be challenging and rewarding for a well built team, which would mean people would actually team up, build supports and a variety of builds. And no longer brainlessly grind for hours on end just to get it out of the way. I wanna enjoy grinding again. No matter what shape it takes, please make the base game harder and fun, not just new content.

Messages In This Thread
PvE difficulty scaling - by Poruku - 01-23-2023, 05:57 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Infernalis - 01-23-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Poruku - 01-23-2023, 10:03 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Infernalis - 01-24-2023, 12:47 AM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Shujin - 01-24-2023, 02:01 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by renowner - 01-24-2023, 03:32 PM