Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel weaponry
This thread isn't about nerfing Excel weapons, it's about nerfing Conversion Gloves/Shock Collar combo. And by nerfing we don't mean making it actual suicide.
Having it do 1/4 player level, or even 2% max hp lightning damage is one step. But there is something I saw from yesterdays event.

Conversion + Shock Collar is really fucking strong. Envy has a lot of defense, I'm sure the enemy she fought had a lot of strength but... 160 or so damage on a .non. crit with 1 charge? That's kind of insane.

I propose there be 6 levels of charge. Each gives 25% Damage increase with Conversion Gloves giving 1 charge, Charge weapon giving 2. It makes it less game breaking in the long run.
That sounds a whole exactly like what I just typed on the previous page.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6208#p6208 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 pm[/url]"]Having it do 1/4 player level, or even 2% max hp lightning damage is one step. But there is something I saw from yesterdays event.

Conversion + Shock Collar is really fucking strong. Envy has a lot of defense, I'm sure the enemy she fought had a lot of strength but... 160 or so damage on a .non. crit with 1 charge? That's kind of insane.

I propose there be 6 levels of charge. Each gives 25% Damage increase with Conversion Gloves giving 1 charge, Charge weapon giving 2. It makes it less game breaking in the long run.

Hey, that wasn't a one charge, it was a triple charge.

Both me and Envy had charges from the prior fight due to technical difficulties involving us needing to flee a combat.
Bumping this because god damn this shit still OP
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6103#p6103 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm[/url]"]I think it definitely deserves a nerf, and that any of these would be fine:
  • Weapon charges giving +25% per charge, up to 6, and manual Charge Weapon giving 2 instead of 1. This would essentially halve the power of the combo. Still fits the current Excel theme in my mind.
This suggestion sounds much more rewarding after sacrificing 3M and gives the target more leeway for counteraction. And the device probably should not work as efficient in-character as it currently does mechanically.