Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stats running thin
I can't be the only one who thinks since the skill change and removable of most auto-hits that 4 stat points per level is not nearly enough to handle the demand of all the stats, especially since you need to go to 60 scaled skill which is 15 levels worth by default. If there any chance we can get 4.5 stat points per level or perhaps less investment required in some areas? Perhaps it is just my own lack of build experience that is making it hard to plan builds now a days.
I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees that the change to Skill/Evasion has actually decreased build variety. More stats probably isn't the answer, Skill just needs to not be a mandatory god stat.
Evasion being able to work on everything is good.
Punishing super tank mages who have 0 skill is good.

But its to the point that if you have no answer to evades you just don't even get to do anything, which isn't fun.
And also to the point that if you have no way to buff your hit enough to hit an evader anyway, you're probably better off only getting to 20 skill or so.

But frankly I have no idea how you'd fix it either.
Making it so you lose evasion after every dodge until you dodge still wouldn't even really fix anything, and probably feel bad to the evaders.
Even evaders don't have fun when they get hit by low hit% things.
I don't believe we need this but I'm not against the idea.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Not sure how to actually go about it at this point. I think this is 100% a dev and his vision thing at this point.

I think the system overall has changed in a better direction, from before. We have build differences and a couple of unique builds, but thats mostly because many people play for fun. However, if you play to win the choice is still very obviously in the tank route direction, ideally while also packing a couple of Autohit options, which we have plenty off. With the latest additions in PvE that's double true for the more difficult content, Being tanky is just much easier to play and succeed with.

More stats per level is not really a fix, atleast most certainly not in PVP, PvE you will probably be off a bit better. But I guess a better way to go about it is via Traits and Talents that are more focused to support those archetypes. Cause if we are honest, some of the main reasons Tanks also win the damage race is because of Talents like Twohand, passives from Soldier/BK that benefit heavy tanky armor with survival.
So In my opinion, we might just need more traits/passives/Talents that help Dualwield people, People that wield light weaponry/armor with low weight, and stuff like that. Stuff that makes you actually consider if you want lightweight equipment or heavy weight just a bit more. We have a couple like Sarasha Gi and Fitting form from Ghost. But thats way less universal as something like Twohand that you can just pick up.

Another idea is the more obvious progression via equipment that most games have, where the equipment itself has different tiers or Levels and flat upgrades to compete with higher-difficulty content rendering lower tier items obsolute in the "lategame", but SL2 is currently really not designed in that way. So this is a bit of a question where the game goes as a whole in the future. I personally enjoy raid difficulty content, Nercromancer is fun to fight Solo with different builds. Seeing progress is fun, Attempting to win against the deep wastes creatures without cheeseing is fun. Putting work in a character and seeing improvements overtime is fun TO ME. However, the next person would enjoy other stuff and just enjoys dishing out 20 different characters and build ideas in a week and would feel hindered if there were extra steps involved until they can see it flourish fully. And I can see the fun in that too, I love making build theories and see how they work out when I see them actually work. Many just do not like the current grind, myself included, when they have done it a bazillion times already. Yet I still believe that if you want a strong character you should be put through some work for it, else its not as meaningful.

Long story short, just ramping up points per level, won't really change that much, I have said it before in another post that had a similar topic but in PVP the already superior build, would just become even more superior. The gaps won't get closer but widen simply because of the number of stats that are Needed for a build to functions. How much you need in a stat at a bare minimum for it to even be functional. The abillity to just decide "I do not need to build Skill, if I pack enough Authohits!" for example, gives you a massive stat advantage over the person that absolutely needs to build it to even hope to work.
I think the changes have to come from other sides.

Another random idea, if people want Skill to have less value as a stat, to shove more hit modifiers to certain Skills from classes that are currently under used. We do not really have all that many attack that just give a flat bonus to hit aside from Hanging and Clourier(I think I spelled it wrong), which are already basic hits to begin with. I do not think everything need to be an autohit, it be fine if a skill just gives a +30 bonus to hit instead as an example. Allows you to make the decison to build less Skill and still have a good chance to hitting, without invalidating someones 60 scaled Cel entirely.

*shrug*
As I said, this is mostly a thing thats up to dev and where he wants the game to be in a couple of years from now. But if we keep the current formula? Its probably better Attended to via traits/talents and more options for the perceived inferior archetype.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • firehawk11
What doesn't help is the fact Sanctity and Guile are stats. Not that I do not mind the concept of them but one problem I had since the original Great Reckoning is how we got a new "Racial Skill/Ability Stat" What was wrong with having races based on their gimmicks like Hyattr fire being Vitality or Strength (Make it a trait to change it, that be cool).

The Evade change only made builds more narrow this is true. However ther eis something else about the changes which also slow down the variety of builds. That is the fact many weapon had their primary SWA changed from whatever it was down to either STR/SKI/Wil/GUI. Something that was didn't need. This isn't the point.

We need to make Ski less impactful since I believe Ski is the single more REQUIRED stat in the game. Power/SWA has become secondary concern to accuracy. The builds I do make are all so worried about missing that they never build power outside Dragon Remains (Just because it happens to have accuracy) and +5-+6 from Black Smith upgrades.

In the end I don't really know how to properly hand this evade/hit era we entered. If there is any way to change it then I have no idea but we should have one thing. All classes should have equal chance at hitting enemies rather then a few ones. Guess in the end it's all equipment and classes that are doing this since Bows/Swords/Spears/Daggers/Fists all have decent chance to hit by default and get mass amoutn of boosts rather is from classes (Bows/Fists Archer/Martial artist) or Swods/Daggers with the talent. Then you combine Swords with Ski Katanas and Hanging...

I guess in the end I feel like most of my characters should be Ice related due to the sheer high amount of SKI we require which is no fun to have to invest so heavily in the same stat/elemental atk over and over again.

In the end it shouldn't feel like it's ALL OR NOTHING type of system for stats.
[-] The following 1 user Likes firehawk11's post:
  • firehawk11