Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priest - Devocation
The skill is worthless to pick because of a certain Talent. It should have a bonus effect of some sort that discourages enemies from attacking you during it. So here's an idea:

"While under an Invocation status (or only Mercalan Invocations), you will receive -25% damage taken and there is a chance the enemy will be smitten by Divine Lightning (The one from Pray) upon attacking you."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • firehawk11
I can see people abusing the -25% damage taken to safely roll out Shine Knights. While I like Shine Knights, it's sort of crazy to be punished for attacking the Priest casting it.
Also the divine lightning does around 75 damage! Insane retaliation number.

Maybe main class only with a few extra limiters and number tweaks on top???
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Snake
that's way too strong. Even the invocation talent is just a bit of armor and magic armor.
The ability being changed to be something else is fine, but something that strong I think is a bit much.
The numbers can be tweaked, that was just an example. I also used 25% because iirc that's how much Meditate reduces damage for 6M and a heal on top of it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It should be faith-based

For instance it could give you 1% DR per 4 faith while invoking or somethin. Similar to the defensive knowledge skills.

Alternatively, it could give no defenses but give you bonus resistance versus silence on invocations. Or perhaps it could prevent tiles from being made under you
I'd rather it enable a mechanic forgotten about in Korvara, Devotion, and even increase the chance at which it procs, currently with no prayer tools I don't think we have ways of actually triggering devotion.
Defensive knowledge skills were nerfed ages ago to be 1% per 5.
I miss the days of taking 0 damage from all physical sources. . .

If it was 1% Physical and Magical DR per 5 faith while invoking, that's maybe fine. Still kinda pushed I think. Lowered damage + Healing is a ruthless combination, and faith already adds to your ability to resist interference. I also don't really think the trait adds much to the class overall. . .
Devotion is really cracked and I still think that'd be a bit pushed for an already excellent class.

I always imagined the no prayer tool and no devotion thing was an intended feature. As a high faith character who wants to use devotion for power, I actually enjoy it not being around. Faith is already a really good stat.

Personally I think it'd just be best to keep things in the same spirit and just make you have a 2.5x faith% less chance for invocations to be broken, so at 40 faith you don't need to spend your 7 talent points to make your invocations unbreakable. 1 skill point for 7 talent points is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Its only a terrible skill because you literally can't get it to 100%.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • firehawk11