Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Suggestion: Mystical Galdr
A trait I rummaged around in my head, thinking it to be worth suggesting just on it's own, one that I think would be a fun little idea that follows the same logic as Mixed Martial Arts, but with a little bit more limited of a nature. I think that it would be both thematic and kind of cool for the races with natural born galdr magic to be able to use their voices as an instrument for the new bard classes.

Quote:Required: Theno, Doriad, Heron

Born with the natural gift of an enchanted seeming voice, singing comes so naturally it could be considered a helpful tool when utilized correctly. When you are equipped with no instrument weapons, you will always be able to use instrument skills anyways through singing, the Scaled Weapon Attack for your singing instrument will be equal to your Character's LV + 40, and has no additional effects when singing.

Thank you for reading and/or consideration, feel free to post your thoughts etc.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • firehawk11, Lolzytripd, RedtailPinny, Shadbase, Shujin, Snake
I like it, but it's too strong due to not needing a damage stat. Should have scaling like a normal weapon. Just make it a WIL based tome.
Seems real strong, don't hate it though.
Character LV + 20 and we got something that slots finely into a gimmick position.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah i'd be more okay with character level +20.
I think this would suffer from the same issues as trying to use bare fists. Just with less bonuses to assist with it. No weapon parts, no 2 handing, no real accuracy buffs.

So I'm honestly fine with it.
Another idea is making this a normal trait that anyone can pick. Then giving Heron/Theno/Doriad a shared trait that lets that cap be increased to 100 SWA total.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Personally think it should stay with the Musical Inclined races, I'd wouldn't really include Doriad even, but am okay with it.

If you make it TOO common, even with them having a slight buff over it, is making it a bit lame in my opinion. I think Heron/Theno/Doriad certainly do deserve a different avenue to shine than what they currently can, and I think this is thematically the direction to go.

Else I am with pyro thinking that its probably fine, given the lack of parts/weapon stats/Effects/possible potentials...Prooobaly? 100 SWA is pretty universally the average SWA, but I do not mind it being slightly weaker either, I am just against having it for basically everyone.
This is pretty cool. I'd like to see voices be weaponized.