Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Points Trait : An outdated system ?
In a current era where stats are for the most part sread so thin, I don't believe invested stats being mandatory to obtain traits such as Daily Prayer or Bad Egg is fair. Builds who in the first place would've been fine investing in the stat eat good, while the rest is basically stripped of a class point unless they bother to invest in the stat, which sometimes outright cannot be afforded.

Class points and Stat points both being the few remaining resources that feel 'tight' as it is, so the trade-off of going out of your way for an extra point is usually not worth the cost.

Not every MA will be investing in CEL (examples like tankier variants of Monk or Boxer) , not every rogue will have some GUI  (VAs who mostly want the class for Impure memes, or STs that don't particularly benefit from the stat at all) , an Aquamancer won't always bother to build FAI, and I'm sure there are many, many other examples that could be pointed out here.

Could those traits just be available with enough levels of the class instead ? LV 20-30 sounds like a good idea to me. Or require the actual stat rather than the base one.
The title of this thread is misleading, but if you mean the Traits that allow you an extra Stat Point for X Y Z class? Sure. They could be enabled at LV30 in pair with Normalcy traits or something.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree with this.
Unlikely to change. Valuable traits which require offbeat stat distributions is one way we use to promote stat/build diversity.
I do think the 10 stat req is kinda unnecessary
(02-24-2023, 01:56 PM)Neus Wrote: Unlikely to change. Valuable traits which require offbeat stat distributions is one way we use to promote stat/build diversity.
For like every other trait than these ones

Every class that wants the extra points has to build the stat specific to their class, that's not build diversity, thats build homogeny.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • The Alpha Bat
(02-24-2023, 07:56 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: Every class that wants the extra points has to build the stat specific to their class, that's not build diversity, thats build homogeny.

Full agree on this point.

If, say, an MA wants that extra skill point they are forced to put points into CEL, even if they otherwise aren't using CEL. You are being incentivized to build a particular way, getting more for building the way the game wants you to and receiving less for going against the grain. For this to promote diversity, the two options would have to be equivalent on some level and they are not.
If not every Aquamancer builds FAI, then the ones who do have a small advantage in the form of an extra skill point compared to the ones who don't.

How is this homogenizing compared to the alternative where every single Aquamancer takes the trait?
Everyone who can take the trait for one of their classes does, its a no brainer to take it.

Its the same level of choice about whether I take this tax deductible I qualify for or not.
Until dev actually gets around to making the classes that have extraordinary skill point bloat functionable like the newer classes with fewer skill points, no, every single person in certain classes* needs these traits.
Like lanturnbearer, is a big example.