Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exotic Weapon Mastery
It would but the point was that a lot of sub-type weapons have skills and classes that support them, like handguns with akimbo and katanas with blade barrier/katana power.

Is there any sort of way to incorporate these as skills in a few classes?
Hexer, Tactician and Summoner (the class, not the promos) could very much make use of whips for melee attacking or extra effects.

Hexers could get an effect similar to Borneblood pre-nerf, for whips.
Summoners could get a passive skill that allows them to use whips on (i.e attack) their own Youkai, that only does 25% of the real damage, has 100% hit chance, but 'pass their turn' to them or grant momentum.
Tactician could do the same as summoners, but to other players instead and with a hit chance?

For Shuriken-type and Javelin. Maybe allow a limited use with Archer/Ranger Offensive skills that use a hit check/Longdraw/Bow Passives to affect their range/hit/critical? It's simple, effective and gives a new use for those. (Example of skills that 'use a hit check': Flip Shot, Retreat Flight, Pulling Shot, Snake Shot... Those are all 'ranged weapon skills/tactics' so why not?)

Fans are also odd. They do have some neat scalings, some of them, and can be a fair use most of the time. But if anything, I'd make Dagger Dance work with tome fans for a new play style for some mages or spellthieves.

Clubs. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I dunno. Maybe something in Soldier class that allows them to ignore the enemy's armor with Axe offensive skills?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The thought of a summoner whipping their youkai to get them to act is hilariously cruel, I'd add that it also lowers friendship when used but that might be too much.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water