Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon re-scalings
Claw Gauntlet - Not sure about this one. It might work.

Magical Comet - WIL martial artists, I feel, do not justify making one spelledge weapon better than the rest.

Cobalt Qrytys - A weapon with incredible versatility, in the form of giving access to two categories of weapon skills, should not make Knuckledusters look bad at its own game. The options that this weapon opens up is the counterbalance to their scaling and the critical damage nerf they obtained; we should not be looking to make this weapon any more powerful.

Fenri - If it's a Verglas dream we're looking for, taking 120~150% and splitting it amongst STR/WIL/CEL would be a better idea.

Mortissimo - I'd like to see some concrete, well-explained examples on why this needs a nerf before I agree or disagree about this.

Hands of the Giant - Absolutely not. This weapon has incredible On Hit/On Crit effects as it stands, and sports the biggest STR booster amongst equipment in the game so far. The fact that it already has 105% scaling is enough, and the 25% DEF scaling fits with the fact it came from a Goblin Giant.

Tarnada - I'm inclined to believe that having to build stats around a solid weapon that can fully cast an Invocation spell for absolutely free is already a good counterbalance.

Kingslayer - Agreed, trying to lower the scaling in response to the sword's effect was a terrible idea, and completely ruins the point of the weapon.

Soulstealer - I think balancing the scalings between STR and RES alone are fitting enough; a weapon that snatches focus sounds more like Huggessoan territory than general magic.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Claw Gauntlet Eh, I guess?

Magical Comet I think this weapon is already at a VERY good spot. The change is minimal tho. But I rather not see it get even more will scaling

Cobalt Qrytys Yeah a VA/MA weapon that scales pretty much only with Strength, I think getting it some GUI would make me use it again.

Fenri Please just not what Chaos suggested, It´s an Ice weapon, Verglas will build skill for Ice Atk. So I am all in for Scaling swap. The change currently discussed for "Verglas style"-change will take care of the stat that this specific Verglas is building for, the Ski scaling shoulnd´t be removed.

Mortissimo Hm, I am alittle torn aprt on this, the weapon is currently only decently good because of that, Since it´s UL effect is pretty bad since GR. Also SAN is the sound "Element". I rather just let the UL effect change to something that increases the sound damage if feared but let it get it´s usual 50% sound damage on hit that ignores armor like the other "Elemental" weapons. But thats not for this topic.

Hands of the Giant I like it where it stands actually.

Tarnada No real opinion about this one, didn´t see it enough in use.

Kingslayer Revive the Kingslayer!

Soulstealer I am fine with either.

What I like to add tho:
Yukijin:60%ski 40%str, also a swap. I alwas thought of Katanas to be more of the skillful blades instead of the brute smashing weapons and then it´s a ice weapon on top? Make [strike]Shivas[/strike]my Icy dreams come true! Fuuma is already the brutetana