Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Mechanical Injury Healing Options
The numbers I proposed are arbitrary in that case, it's the idea that I'm wondering if it can or not be sold. Being able to interact with injured players without having to pull them into a party and open Treatment menu seems like a huge deal for immersion, imo.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
It should probably be a pop-up request, similar to parties or sparring requests, but past that the concept seems good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MothEnthusiast's post:
  • Snake
Seems about what I got in mind, so it's also easier to set Preference options to (Always Allow) / (Request First) / (Always Ignore).
I actually like it, costing FP out of combat is a pretty low cost but it makes sense. Also if you're concerned about using supplies, remember that rank 3 first aid just removes almost all injuries. Obviously the 10% bonus healing is not needed or balanced, and no need to heal FP. Other than that, looks good.

I also think we should see more injuries in general if such a thing was implemented. Injuries that last for a long time and make you actually seek out a healer without being a fever that slows your ass down and forces you to drag your ass over or wait it out. Just minor debuffs that are lasting and make for nice medical rp, but can still be ignored. As it stands, injuries are either completely negligible or very debilitating imo. And they don't last that long.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake
Yeap, I agree. Injuries were woefully made with Great Six in mind, the lord of all convenience. I've always been pro-buffing towards injuries, because those are what give your character actual tangible limitations that can't be simply fixed by visiting an Inn and continuing fighting ad-infinitum.

I've yet to see an event that actually accounts the players losing HP as a limitation for its progression. I don't like how we can simply fight every time against mobs and can freely heal back to full without repercussions but "rule of cool says you must be in fitting form, despite going through a cheese grater worth of a fight".

Food for thought. Buff injuries, nerf injury heals, and we'll see medical RP flourish beautifully, and not be this wasted opportunity to interact with fellow players, or give value for healers outside of fights.
Would be awesome as hell if eventmins could apply injuries, especially if we get a more comprehensive list. Yeah you guys just walked through lava, here's a crippling burn. You can't fix that by waiting for your yam soup proc or spamming bandages.

What if we had injuries that lowered max health by a customizeable percentage? Like if they fell into a trap, or if they had a rough fight before the final boss. Overall the system could really be expanded to be more interesting.

And if we saw the arrival of long-lasting injuries with effects like 5% max hp loss in pve, we could see a rise in player-made infirmaries, and thus, rp. I would even say that we could have injuries that require you to receive treatment in a medical bed. Sure you could wait it out, but you could also go get that mechanically enforced medical rp. We're only a few lines of code away from having proper hospital gameplay! Take the patient treating mechanic from G6 and slap it onto players who are in a medical bed. Bam, that's hella rp right there.
I wouldn't go as far as to say 'buff injuries', personally. I've always found them to be a tacked on annoyance more than anything that provides benefit. I could see the benefit of adding a system that lets people apply injuries (maybe even permanent ones) to others and showing those injuries in your profile, but past that, I don't want to see more cases of things like slower walking, or injuries on par with Battle Shock. It'd make more hassle, not more fun.