Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Mechanical Injury Healing Options
I've been running into the issue more and more that a lot of people insist on healing your mechanical wounds ICly without actually having the necessary items to get rid of said wound, leaving you in an awkward situation where you have to either tell them no, ask for help with it OOCly, ICly a second time, or suffer through the wound (often leading to fevers, etc) if you don't have the items necessary yourself.

To help alleviate this, I'd like to ask for the ability to progress wounds for large quantities of mental stamina if you have a relevant Healing spell / skill in your skill pool. Different spells / skills could progress it different amounts, and healing items would still be superior for the fact that they actually 'deal with' the wound instead of just sending it towards 100%.

Graft would be low% increase since it's really easy to access, for example. Something like Malmelo would take a lot of stamina but also give a lot of healing, etc.

EDIT: Probably have it so one individual injury can only be healed once per person, so the choice of spell/skill actually matters. A bunch of people healing one injury is obviously going to be more effective.
[-] The following 2 users Like MothEnthusiast's post:
  • Blissey, Conteville
Carrying around healing items kind of sucks, especially when you're trying to RP a character who's prepared but getting the items is a pain.
blease dev
I'd rather that healing items be easier made, like increasing the quantity per herb from 1 to 3 supplies per. I like needing to be prepared for the situations where the items are required, and I usually am.
Still doesn't really solve the issue, if you ask me. The items aren't particularly -difficult- to make, they're just not something a lot of people think about. And if you consider the IC, there's no reason why a healer wouldn't be able to fix or at least speed the healing of wounds. That's literally what the magic is for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MothEnthusiast's post:
  • Blissey
I'm inclined to agree that it's not necessary for actual magical healers to need the items, assuming they have the requisite healing spell(s) invested in, within a slot, and they have the necessary mental (and physical) stamina. I think all of that would be a fair trade-off, and you wouldn't even necessary need to heal the entire wound/illness to perfection (unless you have more than enough physical and/or mental stamina).
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Would make a lot of sense. Why would a priest with cool burns need burn ointment? Just doesn't make much sense. The whole mercalan tenants thing was always just a bandaid (lol) thing to make it make a little more sense in rp, but that's not a thing in korvara.
The effects of Cool Burns and such seem more tailored towards the active effects of actually being on fire, small nitpick aside, unless strictly speaking about Mercalan healing from G6, the power that magical healing holds is that it speeds up the natural regenerative process of the body. There are exceptions but I don't want to see the need for supplies vanish on Korvara, I'm just going to respectfully disagree.

For G6, medical supplies are no issue, you can buy them all in several locations, so I am pointing at this being mostly a Korvaran issue, and there's nothing saying you can't flavor supplies as magic anyway for G6 specifically.
Again, this is about the problem of people RPing it without actually having those supplies. If they just never bother to craft them, the problem is going to persist. And the point was to make the mechanically different than medical supplies by simply increasing the %, instead of marking them as 'fixed' the way supplies do. Multiple injuries in a row would also make supplies necessary on account of the (hopefully) huge mental stamina drain.
I like this idea, it kind of pushes the one idea I had before for "player inns" in one direction I can enjoy.

This could be a new Traits for Healers, with the only prequisite being "Have Curate be at LV35 or higher".
Quote:Art of Healing
Req: Curate (LV35+)

You can employ your healing magic in the direst of situations. Allows you to spend 20 Mental Stamina and 20 + 10% of your maximum FP to heal injuries, if you do not have the necessary items to do it. (If you partially have the items needed, they will be used and the costs are reduced by 75%.)

Additionally, this increases the Power of your healing skills and spells by 10%.

Quote:Soothing Hands
Req: Art of Healing

You have the hands of a healer. A new button becomes available for Treatment menu, which allows you to use up to X% of your maximum FP to heal the patient's HP and 40% of the HP value as FP. (X = Chosen number between 1 and the current percentage of your maximum FP, max. 100.)

Your maximum Mental Stamina will also be reduced by half of X, and if you do not have the Mental Stamina, the attempt will fail.

This does not work during combat.

Quote:Diagnosis
Req: First Aid Talent (LV1+)

You gain a new action when you right click anyone within 3 range called "Examine Injuries", which opens the Treatment menu for the target. If you are within 1 range of the target, you can treat their injuries as if they are in your party. (Do note that this can be disabled by their Preferences).

If this is used during combat, you cannot treat injuries without further Traits that enable it.

Additionally, this halves the Mental Stamina and FP costs for the Art of Healing trait, if you have it.

Quote:Emergency Tactics
Req: First Aid Talent (LV1+), Diagnosis Trait.

No time to waste in the ring of honor. When you use Examine Injuries during combat while taking your turn, and the target is within 1 range of you, you can attempt to treat their injuries on the spot. (If you are not within 1 range, you cannot treat them).

This action costs 20 Mental Stamina and 2M and has a 75% chance to fail (Failure chance is reduced by 5% per First Aid Talent rank, and increased by 25% if you are Feared or Clumsy, additively), which may consume the resources and only lower the severity of the injury by one step (I.E,Severe becomes Major, etc.). 

And of course, nerf the thing that pretty much completely nullifies the chance to even get an injury in combat, from First Aid, called Prevention. 

If anything, revamp that to only affect yourself, not the party as a whole. This all together could give us a new dynamic in healing RP that we'd never see elsewhere.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I see where you're coming from, I disagree with the functionality of the traits for the most part. Especially when it comes to costing FP. Aside from the in-battle aspect of it, FP is kind of a useless cost to add to a trait for healing injuries, which for the most part, should be handled outside of battle anyway. It's to help the injury heal after the fact, not hand-wave it away in the battle. And FP recovery is as simple as paying 10 murai.

Not only that, but letting the healing magic properly 'treat' the wound DOES end with what Autumn was saying, where actually having the items becomes pointless. That's why I like the differentiation between 'simply increasing the wound %' and 'treatment'. This is also why I was suggesting a much higher baseline for mental stamina-- something in the 40-60 range, depending on the spell used.