Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara's content, what'cha think?
On the topic of 'expanding the map', I mostly skimmed posts regarding this, so disregard if this post is mostly irrelevant to the topic at hand, but:

I think one thing that is incredibly crucial if Korvara is to be expanded to have more 'neutral' zones is that, it also needs to increase the scope of the world. One of the biggest issues I find with Korvara over G6 is that; the scope of the world is incredibly small which has a variety of effects on the roleplay environment on its own.

For example:
1) With the small scope of the world and four nations, it never feels like you're truly away from a nation's grasp. In contrast, G6 had multiple continents that separated most of the nations barring Karaten and Chataranga.

2) It makes it a bit awkward to say you're from some island off and away from Korvara considering how little we know about the world outside of the landmass.

3) It also makes it really awkward to take cultural inspiration when there's no in world equivalent. For example, if you had to play a character that was largely meant to be inspired by Japanese culture, your entire basis behind it would be something you've made up personally.

I think the winter tundra landmass is the only map that actually felt like it expanded the world because it was the only landmass that wasn't attached at the hip to one of the nations.

anyway this is my excuse to say
add a ship overworld you cowards, gimme adventure
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • Snake
(08-15-2024, 12:15 PM)Miller Wrote: On the topic of 'expanding the map', I mostly skimmed posts regarding this, so disregard if this post is mostly irrelevant to the topic at hand, but:

I think one thing that is incredibly crucial if Korvara is to be expanded to have more 'neutral' zones is that, it also needs to increase the scope of the world. One of the biggest issues I find with Korvara over G6 is that; the scope of the world is incredibly small which has a variety of effects on the roleplay environment on its own.

For example:
1) With the small scope of the world and four nations, it never feels like you're truly away from a nation's grasp. In contrast, G6 had multiple continents that separated most of the nations barring Karaten and Chataranga.

2) It makes it a bit awkward to say you're from some island off and away from Korvara considering how little we know about the world outside of the landmass.

3) It also makes it really awkward to take cultural inspiration when there's no in world equivalent. For example, if you had to play a character that was largely meant to be inspired by Japanese culture, your entire basis behind it would be something you've made up personally.

I think the winter tundra landmass is the only map that actually felt like it expanded the world because it was the only landmass that wasn't attached at the hip to one of the nations.

You can't make a character from some island off and away from Kcorvara unless you submit a character application, as per roleplay rule 7. I've had to submit my own application here, for example.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Miller, Snake
We also need another place that's similar to the G6 Graveyard zone in Kysei. It was kind of sad to run Tattermarch by being on the doorstep of a nation I wanted to fight, since it fully locked down one of Telegrad's only 'unique' areas for how long that took. I'd love to have that or an Albedo. In terms of 'environments needed', we need like:

- A place for necromancers and dark mages, the cemetery or crypt mentioned.
- A place for bandits and scumbags that is not a claustrophobic little cavern, a lil' bandit settlement town would be nice.
- A place of exile, far deep in the Wastes. Where the community revile the nations and respect each other.

I dunno what else for Chaos-aligned options.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Poruku
(08-15-2024, 05:15 PM)Snake Wrote: - A place for necromancers and dark mages, the cemetery or crypt mentioned.
- A place for bandits and scumbags that is not a claustrophobic little cavern, a lil' bandit settlement town would be nice.
- A place of exile, far deep in the Wastes. Where the community revile the nations and respect each other.
That would honestly add so much to the world it's crazy. Only problem is the nations would immediately try to destroy the bandit settlement
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake
(08-15-2024, 12:15 PM)Miller Wrote: On the topic of 'expanding the map', I mostly skimmed posts regarding this, so disregard if this post is mostly irrelevant to the topic at hand, but:

For example:

This aligns with a few of my own thoughts about maps moving forward (particularly towards Neutral zones), I also don't mind expanding the scope of Korvara towards neighboring islands and bringing back the overworld feeling exclusively to ship travel either. 

Though I also think that for land travel it should stick to the map-to-map style that it currently has as I think this was a great way (at first) to inspire the adventurous feeling that Korvara had at launch, it's lost that but only due to a number of people being used to the maps now.

Personally I wouldn't mind being tasked with going back and expanding the base map either, it's been brought up before and having an extra map between highways is probably a good idea, and I think one aspect of Telegrad I don't personally feel is represented well in game is the amount of towns that are supposedly a part of the federation, which just aren't shown in game at all due to how the lore was crafted after the fact.

Of course getting all of these down would not be very quick endeavor either, given the amount of maps that'd have to be made, at least having more mappers would be able to help with that though.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Shujin, Skimmy2, Snake