Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanation features
So, not sure if this was posted before but, Mechanations as it stand do not have any extra features like ears and tails that i'm VERY SURE could easily be replicated if the maker so wished, maybe not pappillion wings... But perhaps even corbie/hyattr/phenix wings... Could we have those added for mirrors for mechs as racials?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I posted about this originally, back in July of last year. (http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1534 Take my old thread.) The only reason Dev said no was because Mech can't fly. If you check the thread, that's all Dev even talked about. Imagine being able to say "Dev derailed my topic". It's a wild ride, dude.

Everybody else seemed like they were entirely for it, however, so I'm sure most still are.
+1 100%.
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
They don't have to be able to fly... Just the makers can grant them these features if they so choose because seriously, how hard is it to make a mech and add some cat ears and a tail? Now, let's also add a code in so if you choose a racial from one race, you're locked to only racials for that race, like, choose cat ears, you only can get a tail too.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
...no, please no meow-bots.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I still don't see as to why not, however I could see problems arising for the players just wanting to make a mechanation with the tail of a felidae and ears of leporidae

Unleeeeess of course Mechanations still need to have a similar structure to the race it's mimicing, in which case, throw the vampire message on them whenever they use a mirror.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13819#p13819 Wrote:Spoops » Mon May 16, 2016 1:02 pm[/url]"]
Unleeeeess of course Mechanations still need to have a similar structure to the race it's mimicing

How would this make sense in IC?
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12190#p12190 Wrote:Neus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:36 pm[/url]"]Well, in the future, I don't recommend confronting a player in the IC channel about something you have a problem with. I'm not sure how that would ever be a good idea, since all you're doing is putting them on the spot and that tends to make people defensive and start arguments.

As for the 'line', there's not much of one aside from 'a Mechanation must possess a human-like physique', which I define as a head, a torso, two 'arms' and two 'legs'. The idea of the body being modular has been there since the beginning, so having hidden weapons or stuff in the arms/legs isn't anything new or lore breaking. The arms and legs don't have to be particularly human either, for example, having 'goat legs' like Aigis is fine. Mechanations are built for a purpose or environment based on what their creator wants.

The only rule they must follow is that the Mechanation must be humanlike, which are the requirements I listed before. I would say the head is the most important part for this whole thing because it determines how 'human' your Mechanation can be. If the head they've got is a detailed face with hair and all that stuff, they are more prone to awakening as individuals. If you take too many steps away from that key design, the Mech's going to be a lot more robot-like, may be more difficult to repair, and more prone to falling into complete disrepair (a property of the scar; will to live is directly related to how human the mech recognizes itself as. When too low, the scar will 'die' more easily and thus so will the Mech. And I mean die die, not 'I broke' die. Once the scar dies there's not much you can do.)

As for taking off your head and juggling it around, that'd be okay for a futuristic robot, but not for a Mechanation. Removing the head from a Mech would be like removing your head from your shoulders, because it's what gives all of the commands to the body. Not to mention it would be pretty horrifying.

If ya make a mech that ain't too 'human' lookin, they suck ass. So yeah.