Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make replicas usable.
Yeah. -5 accuracy for +2-18 power is kind of silly. Make it either A) Scale with power, B) Make it give MOAR WEIGHT (makes archers better), or C) Something else we haven't thought of.
or you could reduce the scaling of the weapon a certain amount each bonus power it gets

say 1 or 2% from each scaling thing for each point of weapon power gained
Scaling isn't something you should mess with so strong handedly.

I prefer the idea of downsides to rebelling such as -hit or weight.

This still does nothing to remedy poor replica weapons.

Most multi scaling weapons fall into the

50/25/25(most 7* black book weapons), 50/50/50(best tomes ever), 40/40/40 (tessen daggers)

100% total, 150% total and 120% total respectively

Replica weapons are 60%/15%/15%, the main stat suffers heavily and the sub stats are so low they feel like they barely add to the weapon at all.
Weight is not a downside anymore let's be honest, I'd prefer 1.5 power per rarity under 9, and a bigger accuracy debuff, that'd be a good place to start.
As nice as the talk about Rebellion is, this really doesn't help the case of the Replica weapons at all. It's starting to feel like we're just dragging in barely/semi-related topics that cover up the OP at this point.

Lolzy's right in that Replica weapons are nowhere near as good as their rarity would suggest, nor even hold a candle to most of their competitors, due to wonky scalings. Adjusting the scalings might work, but I have a more specific idea in mind:

1. Set scalings to:
70% Main Stat
20% Sub Stat
10% SAN

2. Remove base Divine enchantment, then set base Durability to Unbreakable
(OPTIONAL: Increase weapon stats according to Divine's effects)

In other words, not only adjust the scalings a smidgen, but enable Replicas to be enchanted whilst retaining (some of the) properties of the Divine enchantment.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I happily back chaos's suggestion.
I can make do with anything with atleast 70% main stat scaling, I already subscribe to excel weapons 75% scaled attack lifestye.
I personally like Chaos' second suggestion. It'd make those weapons more unique, and heck damn, their icons are beautiful too, just saying. They could get more credit for the good looks.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would say that they should have a minimum total scaling of 120% or so. Normally, a weapon with three stats to scale off of would be much more powerful, but it comes with Divine for free, and Sanctity is a great stat. I would bump them up to 70% Main Stat, 30% Sub Stat, 20% Sanctity.
Could lower the number it takes into account for scaling by one or two, reducing the over all bonus of rebelling but not sticking on further penalties. You'd lose 2-4 power on every rebelled weapon.