Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evasive Woo-Tah [Evasive Strike thread]
It could probably just get the "once per attack instance" treatment in that case, as Snake suggested, since there's no easy work-around against this particular case when it comes to 1 range multi-hits.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Snake" Wrote:Not even if it's treated as Evasive Reaction skill so it doesn't stack with things like Void Assassin's Advancing Flow and Duelist's Flottement? What about it doing half the listed damage if proc'd on Evasion?
You're still giving free, universal damage-dealing to anyone that slots an MA class for their evade build. (which isn't hard when the base class gives +20 Evade via Inate) Right now, said damage ignores Defense; even if your opponent never used any multi-hits, that's still decent damage alongside a 30% Damage Reduction, for the low cost of one Skill Slot. Don't forget that, unlike other retaliation effects, this would work all across the board.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
[strike]What about the Evasion part changed to only work if Martial Artist is your main class, Chaos? I didn't think through the Kensei/Monk trend and don't think I like seeing those so broad either. This seems to be the main lowkey concern of everybody who is against any single Martial Artist buff because this class combination is slowly becoming overused.[/strike]

EDIT: Actually, no. If Martial Artist gets this buffed and then turned into Main Class only, it will be pretty effin' terrible, since Kip Up will also be made Main Class, and it will result in 4 main class only skills, while other classes have it at minimum 2, and maximum 3.
That's pretty sucky, to have so much limitations imposed and slowly turn Martial Artist in a class which is not so viable for class combinations. Also the recently learned fact that Evasive Strike is yet another way to feed Voltiger to Duelist just makes me sick.

I know, it was a bad time to ask for whatever related to such stacked class, but all I want is just that Evasive Strike becomes a bit more seen in actual combat, and an alternative/fancy way to toss comebacks as nimble Martial Artists who are surrounded by waves and waves of enemies.

Side Note for everyone else:
Please test Flottement (Duelist) before posting at how the changed Evasive Strike can do absurd damage on multi-hitting skills and basic attacks.
The number of times the new Evasive Strike will do damage will be equal to the number of times you step away after triggering Evasion from Flottement.
Spoiler = 1 time! Great!
Thank you and have a nice day.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I feel as if the possible consequences are being slightly exaggerated, but that might be just me. If it's truly so scary to buff Evasive Strike like this, then maybe making it get affected by DEF with this change would do.

Alternatively, make it so it won't happen when you're attacked from behind. Many people don't seem to have a problem circling around someone to avoid causing a few special effects.

EDIT: Probably worth noting you can also proc Evasion on this.

[Image: 185880c8a7.png]
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I doubled the damage it deals per Rank.
is it atleast unresistable now? its annoying that it used to be reduced to 0 by armor.
It always has been.
That also works.
Quick bump: Evasive Strike apparently triggers enemy Evasion/Snake Dancer.

Can the skill alone not trigger 'Evasive Reaction' effects like those? Kind of sucks to give the enemy some advantage for missing their basic hits on you, and you increase their damage via Flottement or toss them away from melee and your next maneuvers.