Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tipping the Scales
It would be pretty cool if static dungeon battles scaled the number of enemies in the battles based on the number of members in a party. It would encourage more partying, and encourage more use of the static dungeons. It was pretty disappointing to go into a static dungeon with a full 4 player party, only to fight 2-3 enemies at a time.

I was thinking that a better scaling would be 2-3 enemies per party member, which would be more fun for players, and balanced for the NPCs.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Considering how enemies tend to target one person and deal tons of damage, it night not be the best idea.
Depends entirely on the dungeon, really. And what classes you use.

Spatials? Yeah, definitely way too overwhelming for any non-mage classes that aren't va/ghosts to handle.

This would just make not-mages suffer more for the most part, and make mages even more of a boon to have around (until PvE is ever balanced).

It /is/ a step in the right direction though, maybe not to such levels, but, probably a 1-2 monster per person deal sounds legit, with the odds for 2 being fairly low.
More enemies = more time spend battling, which may mean more lag. More afkness, and harder battles due to dealing with more enemies. People already find partying to be a hassle for a lot of reasons.

Man, I don't see this suggestion really encouraging partying up more at all.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Afkness in battle - Don't team up with assholes that will not even tell you to pause between battles.
More lag - What? Do you even...

Harder battles- That's what we're aiming for. Singles have trouble, parties never. Larger parties, more exp, more actual difficulty aka two party members wont end up being completely useless in a full party.

I am fond of this idea, yes.