Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mage Skill - Domain Mastery
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11941#p11941 Wrote:Neus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:26 pm[/url]"]I assume this sort of thing is meant to stack additively and not 5% of 25, for example.

If you're focusing on one element, you could just make the skill only take effect if all of the spells in your skill pool share a domain. I imagine such a restriction would let you get a more powerful benefit too.
The additive stacking was what I had in mind, yup. And I understand, and like that idea, but I struggled with the thought that the most they'd be able to get out of their Mage SP in that case was 26, though Evoker would fare much better. I then realized that concern is probably needless though, as just because they could only use one element at a time to get the benefit doesn't mean they couldn't have other elements in reserve. With that in mind, I present a (hopefully) final draft:

Domain Mastery
Ranks: 5
Class: Evoker
Type: Passive (Main Class only)
The character has learned that focus is power, and has applied this to a single domain to take it to new levels. While equipped, if all of your equipped spells share a single domain, they inflict permanent Elemental Break status on the enemy if within Rank + 3 range (Elemental Break causes Evoker spells cast by the inflictor to ignore LV% Elemental Resistance, and Mage spells to ignore LV*2%). Subsequent hits power up the LV of the status by an amount dependent on rank, but only once per round.

Rank 1: LV1
Rank 2: LV1.5
Rank 3: LV2
Rank 4: LV2.5
Rank 5: LV2.5 If all equipped spells share the same domain, they ignore the target's elemental immunity.

This way mono-element builds gain some considerable reliability (and less used Mage spells hopefully become more appealing in some way). In exchange for that reliability, they lose elemental versatility and some movement capability (RIP Blink/Swap Position, you will be missed), and they'll have to build up to the point where their magic is most effective. The once per turn and distance restrictions are there to prevent certain spells (hi Wind Slasher, hi Magaisendo (thank you Rendar), hi Exgalfa) from having a large advantage in powering up the status. If I've made an oversight, please let me know.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I put this in my list of things to look back at, so I'll give it some thought and come back to it at some point and evaluate if I want to add it (and add it if I do).