Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scream No More
This is pretty simple: Silence negates nearly all magic. Dev explained that this works like this:

Quote:1) Silence prevents spell casting by interfering with the verbal components of the spell. This doesn't have to mean a complete disabling of your speaking capabilities, of course.

Many of the spells that Silence blocks have no verbal components, however. See: Fortune Winds, Blink, Graft, etc.

Thus, I propose two possible changes in order to mitigate Silence's effect so that magic-based classes are unable to be viable without carrying a Screamer:

A. Silence only affects Incantation and Evoker spells, and some attacks/classes that utilize Silence as a debuff have it replaced with Gutter, which would cause non-verbal spells to cost 2x FP-wise for however long the debuff lasts.

B. Silence doesn't stop spells but, instead, decreases the status infliction of a magic-user by either a static amount or the 'level' of silence.

Thoughts?
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I'd like to see it just effect magic as a whole, and completely shutting down Invocations.

If Mages could have a way to mitigate Silence like Curates do, I'd much prefer that.

Namely in the form of a class skill in mage (or even.. you know.. A MAIN CLASS SKILL for mages)

Defiant Voice: Innate (Possibly Main Class)
Quote:While they may try to knock away your casting, you won't be silenced, and you will continue on.

Rank 1: While silenced you can still magic at 2.5x FP costs.
2.5x costs, so your 20 FP spell now costs 60? No no.

Silence is definitely an issue, but magic is nowhere near strong enough to warrant a status effect this strong, or that strong. I'd be in favor if it was a charm or hesitation-like effect for magic only, or if it increased costs by level%. But it should be a minor effect for how much it would affect.