Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crit weapons.
... Would this be just the Gui scaling change or do you intend to pair this with lowered Critical damage %?
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Just the gui scaling, this rewards high GUI builds and evens out low GUI builds, no critical damage would be lowered at all, as I mentioned.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
... That's approaching 200% critical damage, kinda fast. Thank god dev had the foresight to not make a 1* katana or critical blade, or they would be an easy mutation target for 50 scaled gui, 25 base critical%, and Deadly Arms, on top of it all. Though wasn't Deadly Arms nerfed?
Yes it was, I don't see the issue here, they'll scale the exact same way total, but scale with a different stat that rewards them for building critical damage.
I would prefer them not being changed to scale with Guile unless they get an extra 5% or 10% (added to Guile) to somewhat compensate for more common-lower Soft Caps of Guile (as opposed to Strength or Skill), but that's just my personal opinion.

Although this wouldn't be the change I'd hope for, it's far from the most annoying in the long-term.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Literally nothing changes except that you have to build GUI to use the crit scaling weapon to it's fullest effectiveness, who knew? what is your problem?
Spo, this hits the 350 damage mark. Excluding shit like Counter Edge repostes. If I built another 20 Gui and the weapon changed to Gui scaling, I'd be ripping everything in half (more than I already am). This is fucking terrifying.
Going Angry Marine on someone is not how we do things around here. -Chaos

Original message:
THE DAMAGE DOESNT CHANGE
It does. Changing me from Ski to Gui scaling with my wo-dao and duodent for damage means I'll get more Gui, this will BUFF the weapon, I couldn't justify getting more Gui as they are now. My damage would shoot up like I'm a Dagger user. Turning full scale weapons into daggers scaling/critical-wise sounds like a horrid idea. Why would I ever use a dagger again if I didn't absolutely need to? I've got a 28 power one right here if these changes go through.

If the scaling is changed but not reduced from the current total, this just means I'll build more Guile to get the same scaled damage output, but then I'll have a third at least more critical damage and I already hit for 200-250 vs low/no defense mobs. Another 20-30% more is just stupid. I thought y'all believed Kensei was OP, so why do something that is going to just make them stronger?
If you build damage you get damage, that is the point of what I brought up.