Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crit weapons.
The infamous 2-3 star line of weapons that are all made for critically hitting, perfect for rebellion in a lot of cases, I feel as if these weapons are too strong and leave any other weapon down for consideration when creating a build, mostly because of one thing, these weapons just simply get more critical damage than their other counterparts, the #1 katana in the game is Wo-dao, simply because of the critical damage it provides, Fuuma isn't considered, neither is Tarnada nor Yukijin nor Kounenjin, and Hakouhen masterwork katana would just be a good katana if it wasn't for rebelling wo-dao

And it's not like it's 'choice' thats the huge issue here, more so that these 'crit-line' specific weapons just simply do too much damage thanks to doing more critical damage in general, their scalings are super high as well, most due to the thought that 'they have low power therefore have higher scaling' but really, rebellion fixes that issue and makes them overwhelming in the snap of a finger.

It's almost overwhelming for them to have the best of both worlds, the highest critical rate of all weapons, best rebellion users and also the highest critical damage in the game.

Would it be possible for the critical specific line of weapons to just, have their critical damages normalized to their weapon's standard? (Knuckledusters, Wo-dao, Stinger, Battleaxe, Duodent, Hunting Bow)
Yes. I don't know why it was so high in the first place compared to the others.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
He implemented it to be so high because they were.. crit.. weapons.

So he made them have high crit % *and* high crit damage %. Which makes literally every other weapon in the game bland by comparision. I'm in favor for this change.
I don't mind these weapons having more Critical Damage however, they really should have reduced Scaling Damage to compensate, especially because of Rebelling. I'd suggest trying something more like 80% Scaling, instead of 100%.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Believe it or not, crit weapons struggle to keep up with other weapons from what I've seen (I've used a spec'd out Knuckleduster and Brawler's Glove both in testing crit comparisons. The damage is a very close-knit A-B in low Defense scenarios and Brawler's blows Knuckledusters out of the water if you're not criting).

If we nerf it I imagine seeing a "Nerf 1* weapons" thread popping up in the near future. At most, 5-10% off crit damage OR scaling if you want to take it's edge away. I rather not do this.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Maybe make non Critical Blade weapons better by accentuating their strong points? Just a thought to consider.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
One of the three points brought up needs to go, lesser scaling would be perfectly fine, so would lesser crit damage, Either or and the weapons will be tuned out and not be the strongest weapons in the game.
Or, since Rebelling is the powerhouse enabler in this scenario, we can make that enchantment reduce weapon scaling based on how much power it gives.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:Or, since Rebelling is the powerhouse enabler in this scenario, we can make that enchantment reduce weapon scaling based on how much power it gives.

We can either nail the very few weapons that are offending it or nail an entire enchant that opens possibilities everywhere else, no thanks on the latter.

Think about it like this, what would be the point of rebelling ever? You're trading damage for damage, no one would take it anymore on ANY weapon, that'd erase the entire point of rebelling right there, come on, there's better solutions than that.
I think the best option is to just put the Wo-dao on the level of other crit weapons, and maybe reduce their total stat scaling to 90%.