Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
"firehawk11" Wrote:Gourmet Seems like it'd be broken or rather super powerful , especially with Fast Healer, as eating is easy to do, aka Custard and such.
Food Regen is already incredibly busted on its own, destroying just about any sense of wear and tear in PvE, invalidating a few things meant for PvE, and freely replenishing people from PvP, regardless of how savage of a beatdown they got.

....Which is why I'd have to say that Gourmet isn't really any measure of broken. It just gives more incentive to go after the best foods. Fast Healer is more likely to cause people to burn through food faster, at least.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Set three will be live shortly.

---

Filthy Fangs
Req: Vampire Race, 15 Sanctity
Vampire Fangs trait (only 1 can be selected). Not all fangs are made equally. Yours are rather unclean from feeding on unsavory creatures, causing your Banquet skill to have a chance of inflicting Poison LV X (X = Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.

Chilling Fangs
Vampire Fangs trait (only 1 can be selected). Not all fangs are made equally. Yours make your prey's blood run cold, causing your Banquet skill to have a chance of inflicting Frostbite LV X (X = 10 + Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.

Intoxicating Fangs
Vampire Fangs trait (only 1 can be selected). Not all fangs are made equally. Yours fill your prey with a sense of euphoria, causing your Banquet skill to have a chance of inflicting Charm LV X (X = Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.

Venom Darkness
Req: Wyverntouched Race, 15 Sanctity
Venom trait (only 1 can be selected). Increases the cost of Poison Bite to 10 FP and reduces its LV by 5. Your venom is unique in the sense that, when an enemy is affected by it, it also inflicts a Blind substatus. (Substatuses last as long as the main status does.)

Venom Fury
Venom trait (only 1 can be selected). Increases the cost of Poison Bite to 10 FP and reduces its LV by 5. Your venom is unique in the sense that, enemies have trouble differentiating friend and foe while under its effects, making it also inflict a Confusion substatus. (Substatuses last as long as the main status does.)

Venom Fatigue
Venom trait (only 1 can be selected). Increases the cost of Poison Bite to 10 FP and reduces its LV by 5. Your venom is unique in the sense that, it interferes with your enemies' ability to coordinate, it also inflicts a Clumsy substatus. Clumsy prevents the use of movement skills, except basic movement. (Substatuses last as long as the main status does.)

Pack Alpha
Req: Lupine Race
Pack trait (only 1 can be selected). Your personality is rather large, to say the least. Lupines in packs tend to defer to an alpha as their leader, which would be you, or so you try. Pack Followers can benefit from your Hunted status effects at 50% effectiveness (every additional Pack Alpha in the party reduces the effectiveness of this).

Pack Follower
Req: Lupine Race
Pack trait (only 1 can be selected). You're a good listener. Lupines in packs tend to defer to an alpha as their leader, which is not your role. If there is only one Pack Alpha in your party, the post-battle HP/FP Regeneration for you and all Pack Follower party members is increased by 3% each. Furthermore, you can benefit from a Pack Alpha's Hunted status effects at 50% effectiveness (every additional Pack Alpha in the party reduces the effectiveness of this).

Ninja Training
Req: 15 Celerity
You have experience learning the secret arts of the ninja. Unlocks the Ninjitsu talent, which deals with Smokescreens and Shurikens.

Sturdy Standard Body
Req: Standard Mechanation
Mech Type Trait (only 1 can be selected). Mechanations are typically known as sturdy and none embodies that as much as the standard model. While you have no torso item equipped, you are treated as having 10 Armor, 10 Magic Armor, and your maximum HP is increased by 50.
"Neus" Wrote:Sturdy Standard Body
Mech Type Trait (only 1 can be selected). Mechanations are typically known as sturdy and none embodies that as much as the standard model. While you have no torso item equipped, you are treated as having 10 Armor, 10 Magic Armor, and your maximum HP is increased by 50.
I'm wondering, has anyone made a character that was better off not wearing clothes yet?
(Not that I'm complaining, I assume you're working on making incomplete equipment sets viable with steps like this one.)
"Roland_Staghare" Wrote:
"Neus" Wrote:Sturdy Standard Body

I don't mean to be a downer or anything, but I can't see a reason to take this ever. The only time any player could stand to benefit from this is on a brand new character who skips buying an armor item during the tutorial, and even then they'd be better off equipping the first armor they find. If you're going for an evade build you'll be missing the evade bonuses from light or unarmored items, and if you're going for a build that counts on heavy armor, you won't be getting class specific bonuses as you don't have one equipped, as well as this providing lower stats all around. This isn't counting the fact that it provides less health than a heart of leviathan enchant, which honestly, isn't all that hard to make and apply even with no levels in enchanting. While it places Standard Mechanations better off naked than other races, its still just kind of a wasted trait slot.

It could be improved upon, I agree, why not have the effect be halved if you are wearing armor?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
All those new vampire traits are great and actually promote being a vampire, so big plus on those from me, and the Lupine traits are also pleasantly fluffy.

As for the Mechanation though, this whole trend of Mech traits that require you not to use equipment in a game were equipment has such game-changing abilities kind of sucks. As a guy with 6 Mechanations (Send help I can't stop), I can't see myself ever taking that on any of them.
For the mech stuff, I'd argue for sticking with unique bare fist replacers and accessory replacers.

The cabal one works for evoker since it can already drop equipment for power.

The armor one would never be used because surprise surprise, armor and m armor aren't the important factors in tanking, its about % reduc, and 10 in each is easily replaceable by good rarity armor.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:For the mech stuff, I'd argue for sticking with unique bare fist replacers and accessory replacers.

The cabal one works for evoker since it can already drop equipment for power.

The armor one would never be used because surprise surprise, armor and m armor aren't the important factors in tanking, its about % reduc, and 10 in each is easily replaceable by good rarity armor.

Actually armor is super important to tanking at higher DR thresholds, you will reduce far more damage with armor than p.def when you're reducing someone's damage by 60+%
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
"Miyuka" Wrote:
"Syeburn" Wrote:all the vampire traits [are] going to be about not being an actual vampire
God I hope they're all just normal person traits.

Why?
"Killah-K12" Wrote:
"Miyuka" Wrote:
"Syeburn" Wrote:all the vampire traits [are] going to be about not being an actual vampire
God I hope they're all just normal person traits.
Why?
As a joke.
At least that's what I infer.
"Neus" Wrote:Filthy Fangs
Vampire Fangs trait (only 1 can be selected). Not all fangs are made equally. Yours are rather unclean from feeding on unsavory creatures, causing your Banquet skill to have a chance of inflicting Poison LV X (X = Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new bites and whatnot, but some people were complaining that this specific one makes playing WTs obsolete, I mean..maybe? Kinda curious why Wyverntouches didn't get a boost to their poison itself or vemon drive, but that's why we have more creative people than me who can come up with better traits.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]