Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French pastry of death
Fine leave the scaling but it needs a hard cooldown and by that I mean 5 rounds to match Lance de Lion.
Considering what Spo said about it being the sword version of Lance De Lion, it is a surprise that it doesn't have a cooldown to it. I have no qualms with a cooldown for this reason, and it will put it more in line with it's equivalent. So sure, this skill could use a 5 turn cooldown. That's about all I can say.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Cough bring them both down to 4 cough.
It is supposed to have a 5 round cooldown. I'm surprised no one mentioned this.
This feels very knee-jerky, and the entire tone of the original post seems to be frustrated ranting. I think it's too early to say, and we should wait for the skill to work as intended. I wager I will also think that the explosion shouldn't be able to tap people already hit by the projectile, but at the very least give it more than a single day.

Here are the reasons I suggest we wait:

1. This skill is directly comparable to LDL, which has never in its history been more than just 'good'.
  2. It has more attainable counters than its spear-based cousin. Namely, Spirit Mirror, Evasion, Eviter, and Snake Dancer.
I am not for a moment suggesting the skill is weak. It uses swords, which are generally just better than spears, and happens to be ranged with a more generous hitbox for hitting multiple targets. Magic damage alternatives to a physical damage class are also powerful. All that aside, until some time has passed post bug fix, I don't see the need to immediately and mercilessly gut the skill. Yet.

Also, someone did mention that the missing cooldown was a bug, it was just glossed over:

Neus post_id=34867 time=1547509443 user_id=2 Wrote:It is supposed to have a 5 round cooldown. I'm surprised no one mentioned this.

Spoops post_id=34858 time=1547504320 user_id=193 Wrote:ALSO, Eclair Lacroix is supposed to have the same downsides, the fact it doesn't have a cooldown and can be used after basic movement is a bug as far as I know, thats what I was told anyway, and if it somehow isn't a bug it very well -should- have a 5T cooldown.
I'm surprised nobody reported the fact that the cooldown is not being applied, and you can use it even after moving or using a movement skill.

Y'all goons.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Now that the cooldown is present, I can say that the only change that I think (personally) is necessary for the skill, is making it so that the secondary explosion at the end doesn't hit any targets hit by the original effect, as it effectively just is a 300% SWA Autohit right now and not a 200% SWA autohit, given the ease of landing both the initial hit and the secondary explosion.

Kadouha doesn't act this way, targets hit by the original blast do not get hit by the secondary explosion, and is ultimately similar to this skill.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Similar, but worth noting that both hits get reduced by defenses either way.
Thats true, but I believe the current limit on magic armor is around 30ish, with a very high magic armor set of armor like haunted plate, percentages like M.DR are a whole different story that doesn't play by the same rules, it hits for 200% and then gets a secondary effect, which nets it effectively 100% more SWA before armor takes play, its not like how split damage is since it effectively gets more damage than its counterpart, Lance De Lion with a simple backflip or disengage, or just being in the right spot.

The current defenses for playing against Eclair are having Eviter, evasion and/or decent RES, as those will massively decrease its damage output, but its mostly eviter and evasion/wraithguard that play the biggest role.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
In my opinion we should wait to have this discussion until Dev works on more classes. Its my humble opinion that this skill was made to be extremely powerful, because it is. Because Dev, in his current line of action seems to be looking over each class, and updating them one at a time.

I have some strong feelings on this skill, in the -CURRENT- state of the game. But I think drastic changes should perhaps be held back just a bit, to see what the next class update might have.

However i'd also like to quickly mention a few things concerning the discussion:
  • The skill should be considered a 300% SWA skill, due to the explosion double tapping for half damage if they're at least 3 tiles away from you, if it goes full range. Or anywhere nearby if you aim it at a map edge. Due to its high cd, you'd likely wait for this to be the case, either by using repel or being crafty, before firing the skill off.

Dev has already nerfed three of the super broken things about the skill, so he's aware of it at least.
    (If refracted, it doesn't explode. Has a cd. Doesn't cost 3m anymore so you can't use it in the same turn as lance de lion for 500% guard break SWA damage in a turn.)

So i'll leave you all with this, as we wait to see what direction dev updates the next class in!

https://youtu.be/wpHjYaCwOw8