Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Main Class] Mage
Disclaimer: This post contains OPINIONS, which are automatically wrong because this is the internet. Fortunately this isn't a top ten list, so it's not doubly wrong. Long story short, people suck, and we suck for being people. Moving on!

I suppose we'll need to disagree on that one, Chaos, as I personally find it ludicrous that Charge Mind single handedly makes it nearly worthless to be a res tank.

Rant spoilered for everyone's sanity. And I've heard all the counterarguments before, don't waste your time if you DO read it.

Due to the mechanics of how it applies, its kind of absurd. For example, 60 res against a spell that would do 100 damage would be 40, but CM would turn that 40 into 190. Sure, it takes 9M as opposed to 3, but without CM, you'd be doing closer to 120 for that same 9M. Sure, a res tank is still useful enough in PVE, but let's be honest here, CM invalidates it WAY too hard.

It takes the skill from "I'm not in range this turn so I'l charge up for when they reach me" and turns it into "Oh, they have high res, I'll just CM in their face since why the hell not, it's not like they can do anything about it. and I'll be raising my output consideraby anyways."

Then you consider that the only class with high Res growth is Ghost with 40%, which also has 20% Str and 0% Will, so good luck being a good res tank that can actually do anything else.

There's a reason Evoker is used so much more than LB, and it's not that LB sucks. Think about it. CM is -too- good, and the fact that threads have actually been made about BUFFING it in the past just makes me shake my head that anyone can be so unsatisfied and selfish with such a ridiculous Res Invalidator.

If I sound butthurt, it's because awhile back I actually managed to make an uber res tank, created purely to combat the fact that at the time, everyone was a mage of some kind, and EVERY evoker I fought oneshot me. Yes. 101% Res growth, decimated in a single overload. Sure, CM Overload takes 15m, but that's 15m I spend just getting into range and desperately trying to break the invocation.

I no longer have that character because ragequit, but I replicated their setup in the growth calculator (this is including all LE growths, to give you an idea of how literally all they have going for them is res)
TLDR Version: CM leads to...

[Image: 56c81cae702d91e1724fb9e11c31b75d.png] (Yes, an actual restank build I tried once)

... getting oneshot by every evoker they faced. And that's dumb.

EDIT: Turned the URL code into an IMG. Also fixed some wording I was regretting that seemed needlessly harsh.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread