Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Main Class] Mage
Okay so. Get this. I couldn't think of too much of how to make this better. So let's do a little bit of buffing!

First off. Kick Astral Belt or whatever to the side. It's kinda useless. NOW THEN GET THIS.

How about we take Charge Mind from Evoker. Then give it to Mage.

Okay. Shocker. I know right? Get this. It wouldn't work the same as with Evoker, infact Evoker would LOSE their Charge mind for a new innate that'll function with this. MORE ON THAT LATER.

So. Mage gets Charge mind, 3 M. 1.5x Damage. Can be used once, probably costs half as much as CM or. Whatever excel costs these days. So, you cast it. Get 1.5x before res and shit on your next Mage spell. Is it an Evoker spell? Is it a hexer spell? We just don't know. What we do know is that for a Hexer spell instead of dealing more damage, it might increase the status affliction chance by 30. Which is. You know. COOL AS HECK. Okay, okay. What do we do about Charge mind then? Well, first off. We make this whimpy version a Main Class Skill. oh lord i can feel the rage right now.

WELL. HEAR ME OUT. We make the whimpy version a Main Class Skill, which is HnnNNGH. Make it do 1.5x for 3M. Meaning it can finally combo into normal mage skills like legitimately everyone was wanting forever ago. THEN remember that innate we were giving to Evokers to replace the fact that they lost Charge Mind? WHAM. We give THAT the ability to allow Evokers to DOUBLE STACK IT. At rank 2, it turns into the normal Charge Mind we see today. Real painful shit. But that means that Evoker didn't get nerfed at all! In fact, they actually kind of got a maybe-overpowering buff because now they can split their Charge mind AND INVOCATIONS into two separate turns.

And uh. For the other Mage Main Class Skill. Probably like. Auto-Enchant or something? Iunno. Maybe Blink. Fuck if I know.

GO WILD.

Or just do as Spo says.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11386#p11386 Wrote:Spoops » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:36 pm[/url]"]CM is already in a good spot, it doesn't need to change at all, this just creates more skill points/skill slots problems, if you want CM to be a main class skill, suggest the skill itself be main class and not have to create convoluted and complicated shit like this, Mages are and always will be(until further change) fine as they were.

I don't care. You can get a CM buff that has one negative, or a flat out CM nerf.
No, a 1.5x charge mind is literally useless, its fine the way it is.
Then use it twice, for 6M, and have it work literally the same as the normal Charge Mind.

This legitimately lets you split it up between turns.
I don't think that two stacks of +50% equals 150%. Make it charge to +75%, then it'll be a non-nerf.

but I still think evokers need updating
Level 1 is 1.5x. Level 2 is 2.5x

Level 2 is only gained if you use CM twice. Which is 3M.

How is this a nerf? You can actually just split your CM up between turns.

You can CM > HSDW then next turn CM > Move if they're nearby...

Or

CM > move
CM > Sear.

Or CM > CM
Move > Sear

It's literally better than it was before.
CM is already in a good spot, it doesn't need to change at all, this just creates more skill points/skill slots problems, if you want CM to be a main class skill, suggest the skill itself be main class and not have to create convoluted and complicated shit like this, Mages are and always will be(until further change) fine as they were.

It also creates a problem of just CMing the shit out of people, CM is supposed to leave you open, you spend an entire 6m, meaning you can't really move there, thus being better at the start of the match with 1 big nuke, the rest of the damage has to come from you or you're getting murdered, stop.
How does this create Skill Point/Skill Slot problems?

This costs the same amount of Skill Slots as it does right now, and it increases 1 SP needed for Mage. For having your CM be able to be split between turns, I think that's worth it.

But sure. If you wanna go the lame and boring route.
I prefer things the way they are honestly.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
You would be physically incapable of playing evoker as a sub class if CM was main only. I oppose this with every fiber of my being.
You mean like how no one plays Lantern Bearer anymore because they can't deal any damage whatsoever and can't make up for this deficit because of it? This basically turns them into Lantern Bearers, except they work okay-ish against people who don't resist.