Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imprisonment
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11451#p11451 Wrote:Soapy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:38 am[/url]"]
It isn't hard to judge quality of roleplay. Lower your expectations for these players.

Or just have them agree to potential consequences before you go ahead and try to kill them.

I don't have high expectations. I'm not trying to be an elitist or some grand revisionist. I just want the game itself to have incentives that encourage people to do more than just stand around accomplishing nothing in terms of their own development and the overall plot- and for their attempts to not be cockblocked by being stuck in jail for insufferable amount of times.

For example, The Tunnel Fish leader jumped me at the arena in the middle of my character planning to head out to murder a vampire in Law's End. This provoked changes in how my character conducts himself in public and what he feels towards certain people, depending on whether they helped him out, tried to hurt him, or just stood around and watched during that incident. That? That's really good RP for SL2. And for that, his character got lumped in jail for 50+ IC days. If I'm not mistaken, that's far beyond an OOC week. Even if he has alts or other things to do beyond SL2, I find that happening to one of the only people provoking any conflict when they were just getting the ball rolling to be... well, disgusting?

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11451#p11451 Wrote:Soapy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:38 am[/url]"]
I already do this pretty often, and others have done so on a much larger scale (see: anything related to Bloeden).

What Bloeden did was amazing- but in the 2-3 months that I've been playing this game, it's the only truly provocative stuff that I've seen, and it was sparse in these past few months, from my view. I'm not saying that something groundbreaking needs to happen everyday or even every week, but I don't think anyone can contest that SL2 is underwhelming in regards to major events. Something like 'oh, we figured out the source of The Black Beasts and it's location is near Lispool, whoever goes there and destroys it will earn x, y, and z' and then people go there expecting a dungeon only to find a tower that can't be approached because of a field of focus, which means more needs to be discovered/done before the BB source can be directly confronted- that sort of stuff would be really nice and wouldn't take a lot of programming time at all.

Hell, I'd donate 10$ or 20$ if that was the only way to get things like that rolling into the next update.

"Rendar" Wrote:>Can't leave the jail.

Hold the fuck on. Did Chaos actually make it so you can't flat out use the character OOCly? If that's something he did, that's a problem.

This is a very bad thing.

That needs to be changed. Players should have access to their character at all times for an IC infraction of the Law. Restricting their access to the character OOC because of IC is something that I feel shouldn't be allowed in any degree. If guards are refusing to let you out to OOC grind/do whatever, you should really report that to Chaos (who probably won't do anything) or straight to Dev for people abusing game mechanics to make the game unplayable for someone else.

Yeah, I've never been allowed to leave to grind or do anything OOC'ly. The first two times I got arrested, I would log on and sit around, waiting for guards/visitors. Now I've learned to just log off and do other things.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread