Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imprisonment
"Ranylyn" Wrote:I'm with Miv on "for an RP mandatory game, I'm seeing a lot of stuff about OOC." In fact, ALL I'm seeing is "I don't think I should have to take accountability for my actions, and because I can't mechanically make the character I want without OOC metagaming anyways, then I'm entitled to eternal OOC access without restrictions." What's that? There's a lot more than that that basically boils down to petty biases? Yeah, for my own sanity, I openly admit to ignoring that nonsense... because grow up, people.

If you're going to ICly commit crimes, be prepared for OOC consequences, because everything about RP boils down to OOC; you chose your characters' name, race, gender, appearance, acotins, etc. And 23 OOC days is a pretty long time, duyring which your skills would dull from disuse, so I don't know why you shoud expect to be allowed to OOCly grind and come out of jail stronger than ever before. If you need to check your skills or gear or something, you can still log on to look, and you have more character slots to work with in the meanwhile.

Uh. I 'unno if you're speaking to me directly or to others, but I don't really care for being able to OOC'ly do whatever I want with my character. When I was told before that I wouldn't be able to leave prison to do anything OOC'ly, I didn't throw a fit. I just logged off because there was no roleplay. And being isolated from roleplay on a roleplay mandatory game seems ridiculous to me, so I'm advocating for changes in the prison system/plot progression in general so that, no matter what happens to your character (beyond death of course), you're getting RP... on this RP-mandatory game of our's. I shouldn't be forced to make new characters just to get some roleplay.

Quote:Maybe actually saying "no" to this "omg I want to play OOCly" will actually encourage intelligent RP instead of "you pissed me off so I'm going to attack you in front of 20 witnesses and expect no consequences" and "You used an illusion so I'm going to use Magaisendo in the middle of Cellsvich just to be a piece of shit." But maybe that's placing my hopes for this community too high.

You sound pretty heated up. I think you and Rendar should chill out, because yeah- if you do something stupid, you should face consequences. But I don't believe that one of those consequences should be roleplay isolation for weeks on end OOC'ly. This is a backwards mentality to me- especially if you only have one character and don't want to make another unless you completely lose your current one. So. I think we can hash out some changes that the community at large would agree with, whether they be with how prison works or how the game itself treats the story.

Quote:to be fair, it's kind of hard to catch someone and plan an intelligent crime when you can teleport around / run across the continent in five seconds, and everyone is usually surrounded by five other people at the least

That's why player villains and event characters alike need to be enabled/given tools that allow them to function properly. Otherwise, the pit that I perceive us being in will remain.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread