Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: On Sentences Suggestions
While I don't particularly like the current system, adding a "oh you get your hand cut off" sentence isn't exactly ideal either. Both systems are negative in their own right, and putting it in stone that "Oh you keep attempting theft? We just cut both of your hands off" isn't exactly the best in the way of RP. Nor is it really fun/fair to RP for the person afflicted. If a character is a thief and is caught stealing numerous times, the immediate answer shouldn't be so medieval. So I'm not really down for either of these.

I'd prefer if minor crimes didn't stack against you. So if you have been arrested for, say, 3 major crimes before, and go in for a minor crime ( I don't know, maybe threatening to pummel someone's face in ), you wouldn't get the entirety of your Major crimes added to it. If you committed a Major crime after wards-- here I'll just make it simple by listing.

3 Previous Major Crimes
Commit 1 Minor Crime
Time Spent in Jail; 1 Minor Crime.

3 Previous Major Crimes
1 Minor Crime
Commit Major Crime
Time spent in Jail; 4 Major Crimes.

Basically, have categories stack, but not with eachother. So committing a lot of major crimes means your next major severely gets you screwed over, but committing a minor crime won't put you in jail for 5 years ic because you stole from a dude, or told him that you'd beat him down.

Got any thoughts? Shoot em.

Messages In This Thread