Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking the silence about Silence
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11714#p11714 Wrote:Shujin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 am[/url]"]Pretty against it.
There are enough ways to deal with Silence(Throatopener, Screamer,Silentprayer)
Those methods put you an action behind every time you use them, since methods of Silence infliction also do damage. If you're using Screamer in particular, it costs you a chunk of health to boot. Curing Silence is a futile effort if they can just continue to inflict it while also doing damage. Right now Screamer is mandatory for mages who don't want to be rendered completely helpless, and it shouldn't be.

Quote:and many melee classes have to deal with others things instead.
Name one status that shuts melee builds down as badly that mages don't also have to suffer with.

Quote:(also melees are unable to dish out that much damage either)
Depends on what they're using, and what exactly you're comparing. They can't rival the damage of invocations, which Silence would still prevent using.

Quote:Silence is a anti magic status effect which becomes litterally pointless when the person can still cast and deal 300 damage Sear or whatever.
Funny; read the list up there and you'll see that it still does more than any other status in the game. A status effect should provide an advantage. It should not be capable of guaranteeing that you win, under any circumstances. It should also not be capable of locking a character out of their entire skillset, which it can. The fact that there are ways to remove it in no way makes it any less overpowered when stacked up next to the other status effects. I agree that magic damage while silenced can be a potential problem, which is why I added the note about Charge Mind, which personally I am in favor of.

Quote:If you can´t deal with Silence as a mage, you are doing something wrong.
If you can't deal with a mage without relying on Silence, you're doing something wrong.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]

Messages In This Thread