Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking the silence about Silence
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11735#p11735 Wrote:rosheka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:36 am[/url]"]As I'm starting to sense a bit of hostility, I'm going to step away from this conversation now, but I leave you with this.

If there were a way to prove that spells have Verbal, Somatic, or Component requirements, then I would agree with you, for the sole reason of Silence only shutting off Verbal things. Until then, however, no.
No hostility, but keep your arguments balance-related, please. There was never anything strictly stated in lore about the status of the current spells. Invocations are obviously verbal due to the chants required, which is why I recommended Silence still disable them entirely. There are no chants for non-invocation spells, but I didn't want Silence to simply leave them untouched, as then it really would be a largely useless status. I believe my suggestion is perfectly in line as far as role-play elements go, so if you have a balance argument, please share it. But I'm obviously opposed to it staying as a lock-out status.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]

Messages In This Thread