Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Balancing: Archer and Magic Gunner
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11740#p11740 Wrote:Chaos » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:59 am[/url]"]#1: Cripple Leg already faces adversity from movement skills and Cleanse Body, so there's no reason to make a skill with enough workarounds even worse. I'm not too convinced on making Cripple Arm only half-effective against the very people it's made to work best against.

#2: I don't see anything wrong with this nerf.

#3: As long as it doesn't nerf the damage part, sure.

#4: To be honest, I'd like to see One Overcharge become Main Class and see how it works from there first.

To bring this back on topic and respond to these,

1: Martial Artists are naturally strong against Archers, so there is very little to be done about cleanse body and Protection From Arrows invalidating cripple skills from all but the most hit-stacking of bowmen. However, I -- and many others -- believe you are vastly undervaluing the strength of removing a hand slot and reducing move. For 3 momentum, you can strip someone of an entire class if their skills require the weapon in the sub weapon slot. For 3 momentum, you can reduce non-speedsters movement to 1 if they happen to play the select few classes without alternate movement. Archers naturally have a TON of critical chance, but this at least gives those without a bazillion dodge a fighting chance.

3: No change to the damage, that is correct.

4: The solution to every grossly overpowered outlier cannot be to make it main class only. I'm sorry, it works for some things, but I know I'm not alone when I say we REALLY don't want to just start tagging things with 'Main Class Only' and moving on with our lives. Sonic Shell is miles ahead of every other shell in power when looked at from a general point of view, and removing hesitation and AoE knockdown STILL leaves it in a spot where it will likely be the best overall shell for gunners.

Messages In This Thread