Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Account Sharing
Oh, I can understand why you feel that accounts shouldn't be shared. I still hold the view the opposite view, because the reasons you cited for holding your view do not hold up to the scrutinity I presented in my last post. I've played dozens of online roleplaying games before, and this is the first time I've ever come across a literal 'no account sharing' rule- and I feel that that is because it's a rule that doesn't work. The people that are going to account share for malicious purposes are going to do it regardless of the rule because it's incredibly difficult (and meaningless, yes) to enforce, while those that would do it for benevolent or otherwise non-harmful reasons are arbitrarily restricted. So, for example, you could have it be like 'you can't have a character that's a kid unless you have GM permission first' and make it so that you need permission to account share. That would be a significant improvement to the ruling.

Beyond that- If someone comes to you with a complaint about an account and you find that they were account sharing, you can have a policy where you simply say 'nah we can't help you, your warranty is voided when you account share lol'. These numerous alternatives that I believe would work better than the current ruling of 'that's just how the way it is' aren't hard to conjure up, at all. And let's not be naïve and say that multiple people participating to the actions/development of a single role or character somehow invalidates that role/character or goes against the notion of this being an 'RP game'. A roleplaying community, in general, is a group of writers of varying quality and styles contributing to a larger work- so who are you to say that this cannot be replicated on a smaller scale within a single character successfully and productively? You haven't established any reason for feeling that way, so it's safe to assume that it's arbitrary until you do.

Thus, unless you're going to elaborate, it stands as a bad rule, to me.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread