Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Account Sharing
I don't disagree with your last point. It's Dev's game, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it, whether it makes sense or not. However, if he does something that doesn't make sense to a particular player, then criticism should be expected. I'm not going to censor myself and not point out something I think is stupid just because he's the owner or because you feel that it's unlikely that he'll change his mind- and by 'he should address this on a personal level', I meant that, in my opinion, he should create a solution for himself that doesn't restrict others (atleast, not as much as the current ruling does). For example, he could:

- Make it so that if you share your account, then any complaints related to accounts (lost items, etc) are void, like a warranty.
- You can only share accounts with express GM permission, putting a competency check on the act.
- Implement further anti-twinking checks in the code to stop people from 'sharing accounts' for the purpose of getting past that rule.
- Allow people to only share accounts for RP and not for grinding.

I came up with these four in less than a minute. If the community at large brainstormed for a few hours, dozens of plausible alternatives could be presented. Not all of them would be better than the current way of doing things, but isn't that the point of criticism in the first place? To seek improvement where one perceives error. In the pursuit of improvement, you may stumble across worse scenarios or ideas that wouldn't be beneficial. The overall goal, though, should be to move away from what is seen as unnecessarily restrictive while also maintaining-... well, I'm not really even sure anymore. Dev's peace of mind? Dev's stress levels? He wasn't really that clear.

tl;dr I'm not obsessed with account sharing and don't think it's a big deal, but if the actual ruling is enforced the way it is, plenty of people who don't deserve to be banned will be removed from the game. (Hell, I broke this rule unintentionally 3-4 weeks ago when I grinded someone's character for them, both because I wasn't aware of the rule and I didn't see it as a problem at all, and still don't.) So, to me, the rule is bad for SL2 and should be adapted/removed.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread