Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Balancing: Archer and Magic Gunner
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12331#p12331 Wrote:Slydria » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:28 pm[/url]"]Sonic Shell is one of the most ridiculous things in the game. It simply does way too much for one action. The effectiveness of it is ghastly with One Overcharge.

- 48% Hesitation on Hit for 3 Rounds. (48% chance to stop your basic attacks or basic attack skills.)
- Silence for 3 Rounds. (Forces casters to Screamer, Silent Prayer or Throatopener.)
- Knocks down all enemies within 4 Range. (Lose 3M or be a Martial Artist.)
- Deals 96 Sound Damage that ignores RES to all enemies in 4 Range. (Getting a Resist! on Sound takes some serious stacking so unless you're Guarding, you're gonna feel it.)

And that's on top of whatever else your gun is doing. Charged Excel Sniper? Cripple Arm? Cripple Leg? Whatever floats your boat.

To expand on this...

So. Let's break down just who sonic shell fucks over.

Basic Attackers ((Gunners, Archers[most of the time], Duelists, Some BKs, Most stabby rogues))
Mages ((Silence forces 3M or 1M and 10% of your HP to cleanse an effect that can be spammed semi-efficiently. It will always hit for 3 rounds whether OC or not))
KD ((Screws everyone up, even people who are guarding. Monks still get messed up by this))
96 sound damage. (This just flat out penetrates tanks and everyone else. It will take outa bout 25% of your HP in one hit)).

Tag in things like Cripple Arm/Cripple Leg against poor tanks who already have trouble against gunners, and you make things worse because they take debilitating amounts of status effects.

You want to know how three people took on two dullahan monk doomwalls of regen ((One being Tedric))? Cripple Arm. They can no longer GUARD. Null Shell, they lose any guard status they had. Proceed to hammer them repeatedly while you keep them interferenced to have a large level of HP regained tossed away. Tag this along say... Sonic Shell.. which proceeds to cause 96 unresistable damage... or celsius shell for a ton more ((due to null shell)). It's painful.

EDIT:

Also. Just because Romek loses to people, doesn't mean MG isn't stupid broken with Sonic Shell. My fights between him and Rhinoa devolve into who can get within range first. If I start within basic-shooting range for him.. Romek instantly wins the fight. If I start a decent distance away ((Since I don't sonic shell with her)), I can buff my bow attacks up to be able to shoot you across the field because #Logic.

Messages In This Thread