Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aid
Throughout the history of SL2, this skill has been a three-in-one utility:
1. Solid healing
2. Quick and easy Ki booster
3. Puts you right outside of an enemy's melee range

At the same time, these three benefits have made it one of the most aggravating, abused and imbalanced skills to ever see use in MA's class tree. Here's a few examples of what I mean:
-It enables runaway tactics that screw over anyone without solid range and/or movement options and even those with said options.
-The 3M Ki building present in this healing skill makes Power Up, a fellow Ki-building Monk skill (which is actually balanced), quite obsolete in comparison.
-Enables Golden Glow at a much quicker pace with very little risk involved. (It's quite difficult to pin someone down when they're constantly moving and healing)
-Combined with Meditate, it allows an MA to achieve infinite healing, with a combination of running away, popping Aid, and then using meditate to restore both HP and FP. Rinse and repeat, for there's very little that can counteract this kind of crap.

While this is a pretty good overview of how much damage Aid has done, I'm sure that a lot of people can share more examples (or specifics) about how Aid has generally broke into their house, ate their sweet rolls, stole their wife and blew up the kids.

That being said: How, exactly, can we make Aid respectable? My idea is this:

1. Aid can no longer target the user; it can only target other allies.

While this does not completely shut out the quick Ki-building (given the user has allies to use it on), it does prevent the aforementioned infinite healing, and will leave MA with very little room to play runaway on its own.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread