Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptitude
Well. I can safely say that this is actually truth, Dev.

From the builds I've made of my characters, most of them have been, quite simply, reliant upon Aptitude. It's a stat that whilst 'overbearing' to some, is rather nice and allows for mixed builds to function properly. If only because every build in the game, requires at least every stat. Not in huge modicums, but a mage requires it.

Why? It provides 8 SKI/GUILE, which with 2 points added into each, nets them a whopping extra 4 skill slots. Strength? They have to have it so they aren't super weighed down by gear. Etcetera, etcetera. It's a stat that, functionally, mages need to survive, whilst everyone else needs it (but could live without). So I don't think "LETS JUST NERF THIS STAT" is the right way to go. Simply because that's really bad.

What there is an agreement is that Aptitude is needed for every build, though. It is a stat that if you don't raise up, you fall behind other people who do simply due to a lack of having actual points put into it. I'm not sure if I'm upset by that or not, but the general consensus is that Aptitude is good. (Not that certain other stats aren't ridiculously good. Looking at you Guile.) So, we're in a weird spot where having more than 3 is too much, but removing aptitude would just fuck everything over.

I'm not going to bother to even fathom how we'd get it changed to make it 'better'... However for right now, Aptitude is something that everyone should either get innately, or needs to be checked out in and of itself.

Messages In This Thread