Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Reckoning Discussion
I agree with Sly in that we both see the same problems, but we have vastly different solutions.

What should've been a (relatively) simple adjustment to stat gains and a few new stats instead almost completely removed diversity and individuality.

Weapon and elemental scaling being tied to arbitrary stats, and skills/spells being tied to weapon scaling does not make the game more diverse as some would be led to believe.

You are now completely limited to doing whatever your weapon scaling says you can do. The number of potential builds is only equal to the number of weapons in the game, and even for those with access to literally every item in the game (hi there) there aren't exactly a whole lot of options going around. This locks many people into having a choice between one or two weapons - that is, assuming their old build is even possible to adapt to the changes.

Yes, some gimmick builds (especially single element focused ones, such as my bard that can now kill most people before they get a turn) thrive with the new scaling, and some are nearly unchanged, but others are doomed to suck (especially mages, such as my Evoker Lich that would now have to build str and luc to -maybe- do as much damage as before... while also dropping from 80+ cel and res to maybe 10 tops), and there are those that simply need to scrap their build entirely due to the wonky scaling of the weapons they once relied on.

Instead of most people with the same class combination being largely similar (but with different equipment), most people with the same weapon are going to be near identical.

Given the amount of effort that went into this, I find it highly unlikely that there's going to be any serious reverts, so I already have one foot out the door.

Oh, and the new descriptions are like injecting garbage juice directly into my optic nerve.

Messages In This Thread