Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobilize and it´s effects
discussion topic

Immobilize currently is the feature to prevent people from moving, and a "Rare" effect.? Only times you really see it is when you are fighting a gorgon, Doriad using it, or Ingrain.

But even when you are not moving you are still able to use all sorts of movement skills and the likes to avoid any of the bad side effects. The only movements skill that is currently effected by it, is crane hop I think.

The main offender off bullshiting this status is a Summoner who uses ingrain->Burn up/leaping Lizard/Gain air->Winged serpent to just follow someone who is out of range, without having to "root" themself into the ground again.
But also stuff like Heavenkick is pretty much not caring for it.

So I wanted to discuss if we might want to add a second status effect, called "Grounded" to the list and make a list for Skills that aren´t useable while you are under either of the status effects

My ideas would be:
Immobilize:(reduce base movement to 0)
-Heaven kick(Only with Shukichi? would make HK unuseable unless you use shukichi, then you got 5 range. Not so sure about it, kinda depends on how you see Immobilize)
-peddling wheel
-Parting shot
-Move (Not sure about Shukichi/charge...Maybe if basemove is actually Zero, it´s fine? cause the range is low then?)
-Crane hop
-Sidecut/sillcut
-Leaping lizard
-Haunting
-Snake Dancer (?)
-Wild ride
-Chaser (Or atleast at grounded)

Grounded(Either it ends when you get moved somehow, or you gain Kockback/Forced movement Immunity. I think I prefer the second)
-Same as above
-Shukichi(maybe Immobilized? depends on how you see Immobilize)
-Charge(maybe Immobilized? depends on how you see Immobilize)
-Burn up
-Gain air
-Blink
-Swap position
-Voidgate Teleport(should still be able to create them for obvious reasons)

And probably stuff I haven´t thought about yet.
I think it would incrase the realisim.

Also Doriands should cause "Grounded" then, like ingrain should. Everything that literally roots you on the ground.

Messages In This Thread