Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobilize and it´s effects
discussion topic

Immobilize currently is the feature to prevent people from moving, and a "Rare" effect.? Only times you really see it is when you are fighting a gorgon, Doriad using it, or Ingrain.

But even when you are not moving you are still able to use all sorts of movement skills and the likes to avoid any of the bad side effects. The only movements skill that is currently effected by it, is crane hop I think.

The main offender off bullshiting this status is a Summoner who uses ingrain->Burn up/leaping Lizard/Gain air->Winged serpent to just follow someone who is out of range, without having to "root" themself into the ground again.
But also stuff like Heavenkick is pretty much not caring for it.

So I wanted to discuss if we might want to add a second status effect, called "Grounded" to the list and make a list for Skills that aren´t useable while you are under either of the status effects

My ideas would be:
Immobilize:(reduce base movement to 0)
-Heaven kick(Only with Shukichi? would make HK unuseable unless you use shukichi, then you got 5 range. Not so sure about it, kinda depends on how you see Immobilize)
-peddling wheel
-Parting shot
-Move (Not sure about Shukichi/charge...Maybe if basemove is actually Zero, it´s fine? cause the range is low then?)
-Crane hop
-Sidecut/sillcut
-Leaping lizard
-Haunting
-Snake Dancer (?)
-Wild ride
-Chaser (Or atleast at grounded)

Grounded(Either it ends when you get moved somehow, or you gain Kockback/Forced movement Immunity. I think I prefer the second)
-Same as above
-Shukichi(maybe Immobilized? depends on how you see Immobilize)
-Charge(maybe Immobilized? depends on how you see Immobilize)
-Burn up
-Gain air
-Blink
-Swap position
-Voidgate Teleport(should still be able to create them for obvious reasons)

And probably stuff I haven´t thought about yet.
I think it would incrase the realisim.

Also Doriands should cause "Grounded" then, like ingrain should. Everything that literally roots you on the ground.
yeah this status feels useless when almost everyone has a movement skill

all martial artist derivatives, void assassins, spellthiefs that stole blink ( and shade shuffle to move around) all duelist derivatives, all soldier derivatives, all curate derivatives can remove the status, All mage derivatives can blink, Arbalest will push you away and mg has parting shot so that leaves.... summoners.....who will just root themselves and laugh....
Yep, Immobilize could use a buff since it's considered to be a 'rare' skill, but in some special cases it's not needed, such as:

Blink, Swap Position and Voidgates are magical in a way, you warp in the void, your body phases out of existence and then back. Same to Lich's passive movement teleport. Same to Phase Python's skills. So those would be immune to immobilize, yeah.

So yeah, I agree with everything listed above by Shujin with my exceptions.

PS: But asking for realism at this point is the same as asking for (tl;dr, the impossible.) Felidaes to be immune to knockdowns because cats, Or Liches to return any fist-based basic hit in Akashic magic damage because the hands are burning in contact with their Focus-made body, or even Oracles having 100% Evade/Hit at melee.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree overall, so all of these are now disabled by Immobilize.
In my opinion, Immobilize should reduce movement by level, and also disable movement-related skills. It shouldn't make basic movement unusable (unless the immobilize level is high enough), as that creates what is basically a stun for melee builds.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
This...this seems super strong, to have all these skills disabled by immobilize, and don't get me wrong, I have always wanted an immobilize buff for the longest time, being somebody who wants to use it avidly on my Doriad, I wouldn't mind these if it was exclusive to a new hex, call it a niche build but if there was a new hex that disabled all these skills instead of it just straight out being immobilize, it'd be much more balanced than the proposed change, this'd create impossible situations for anyone melee.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
> "This makes immobilze too strong"
> "Let's just add it to Hexer as a new Hex"

[Image: Morgan-Freeman-shocked.gif]

Immobilize is rare enough to warrant the buff, and it isn't so limiting that someone is completely unable to attack unless they don't have any sort of ranged attack- which, in that case, is their fault for having a build that can be countered like that.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Melee class skills that would be useful while immobilized
Martial artist Meditate,
-Monk: body of issesip, Kadouha, and Terra strike
-Verglas, Entire fox tree, Icepoint guard

Duelist Crystal rose, Cyclone spear
-Ghost Sanguine Star, Ghostwind, Haunting, Gravestone, Deathgaze, Reaper scythe, Wraithguard, Painproof.
-Kensei Hirazuki, Blade barrier, Reflect Shots.

Rogue Traps, trap detonator,
-Voidassassin Voidgates, detogate, advancing flow, blotch, and Fray
-Engineer Bots, gun skills
-Spellthief hahahahahah other than just having stolen blink, they can throw their dagger bomb after skipping.

Soldier Shinken, Roundtrip
-Black knight Hanging, Board Shaker Crescent Rook, Bright bishop, Forced move.
-Tactician probably brought allies/ranged options
-Demon Hunter Gun skills, matador/cobrastance for damage mitigation, Bellowing Stag.

see there is options, its just you probably didn't take them because there is NOTHING that could stop you from getting close and face stomping something
Well if you all think so, I will wait for the nerf threads if this change goes through, I can assure you that immobilize will be one of, if not the strongest status effect in the game.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
now immobilize should not be perma chainable, and there should be a method to break immobilize.
-being knocked back or pulled
-being hit with fire damage, or standing on a cinder, sear, or oil chain tile.
-the first airborne status gained counteracts immobilize, freeing you, but consuming the airborne status.